Jambands.ca

cicuit city frustration..

dancingbear

got my dads gps as a gift when i moved this year. anyhow he bought the extended warranty. the charger cord broke, so i bring it in. they say its 'physical damage' not covered. i say, the damage is 'physical' but its obviously not done by misuse/mistreatment (theres a piece of plastic with the cord/wires running through it which looks like it gets manufacutred into a larger piece of plastic connecting the wires to the actual connection piece that plugs into your GPS.)this piece of plastic fell out.

they say sorry SOL.

75 bucks, albeit not mine, wasted on a warrentee.

Write the company.

You never know what kind of response you might get. GPS companies are pretty competitive and if you let them know you will be talking shit about them on every customer review you can find, it might make them do something about it.

I heard on the radio recently that companies take mailed, written letters more seriously then emails.

Good luck.

I agree with jaybone. I never buy the stores warrantee anymore due to a similar experience. In most cases the manufactures warrantee covers all the same stuff. I always send in the manufacturers card, and every time I have contacted the manufacturer directly I have always been treated fairly.

Those extended warranties are a huge scam, I've read this many times over in other forums. If they can find a reason not to honor them they will. Good luck trying to get their head office to do something as it's the only avenue left for you, unless you want to sue the bastards.

What brand is it? I scored an old Garmin from my dad last year. It started acting up and not holding the charge at all. I contacted Garmin and they told me to ship it out to them (even though the warranty was about 6 months expired on it. The cord was in shitty shape too, so I included it. They sent back a fully refurbished (essentially new) unit, cord and bracket!

Call them and explain what you've had to deal with trying to get it done through the retailer.

Good luck.