Jambands.ca

USD Exchange

Irie Guy

I'm getting my ass kicked over here, too. It used to be that I would wire home KRW 1,000,000 and get about CN$1400 - but now it's more like CN$870. Regardless of the exchange, I'm still able to save more money here than I am at home, but still... We're planning on staying here for another couple of years, so the question becomes do I save all my money here in the hopes that the exchange rate will get better before we return, or do I send it home monthly in case the exchange rate gets worse? Uncertainty sucks.

I had the good fortune of buying up a decent amount of USD when we were at 1.08 and then selling them again in October when it had dropped to .85 or something like that, turning a tidy . Silver lining in a year of getting slaughtered in my savings.

The UK pound has also been dropping like a brick though, so I've been feeling the pinch as well.

I don't know how anyone with real exposure to the market can stomach it.

Anyone with real exposure to the market has already puked up their stomach, crammed it back in, and puked it up again. Unless they were short everything, in which case they are flipping through the 'Islands for sale' brochures and wondering where best to retire.

During the Great Depression, it took 3 years or so for equities to fall as far as they have, in many cases, within the last six months.