Jambands.ca

The new Star Trek movie....

peipunk

I had wood a while ago... but I wouldn't take That fat bastard harry's word for it... I gave up on his reviews YEARS ago

I did too, but I like his enthusiasm. I like some of the other reviewers on the site though. Harry has turned into an online geek version of the post-talking Roger Ebert.

How can somebody call a movie series shitty if they haven't seen it?

Anyways, bouche and Booche and DB - count me in if you have the heart - I'd like to see this in the theatre.

IMAX version? SWEET! I'd really like to rewatch The Wrath of Kahn with any ST fans. It's been a while.

I'd really like to rewatch The Wrath of Kahn with any ST fans.

Come on over. It's always in my cabinet. Best.Trek.Ever.

Funny enough, I am not that big of a Trekkie. I like what I like but there was a ton of boring garbage I couldnt get past. Most of the films are total crap which is why I am very excited with this early buzz.

I'd really like to rewatch The Wrath of Kahn with any ST fans.

Come on over. It's always in my cabinet. Best.Trek.Ever.

Funny enough' date=' I am not that big of a Trekkie. I like what I like but there was a ton of boring garbage I couldnt get past. Most of the films are total crap which is why I am very excited with this early buzz. [/quote']

Khan is great and I really like the director's cut of the original movie. See it in Blu-Ray - there's a new cut out there. The next best film is VI, with Christopher Plumber as a Shakespeare-quoting Klingon villain. IV is dated and pretty terrible and III is ok.

Funny enough, I am not that big of a Trekkie. I like what I like but there was a ton of boring garbage I couldnt get past. Most of the films are total crap which is why I am very excited with this early buzz.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH

I absolutely love this from Harry's review:

There’s a moment during the attack on the KELVIN at the beginning of the film, where you’re on some anonymous deck of the KELVIN when a torpedo smashes into the hull creating a vacuum. It’s sound and fury – and we track along through the fury with a crew lady as she’s sucked out into the vacuum of space… And suddenly – it is silent – but you’re seeing explosions and phaser fire and torpedoes ripping away at the ship – and it is silent – and the science GEEK in me died of happiness a bit.