Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

I made nothing up Deuce regarding # 2. My bday party, backyard in the dusk. You were talking out of your arse and we bet on it.

Godfrey was probably sober enough to confirm, if not possibly Matty or Badams can since they witnessed it as well. Jimmy was there but come on. He wont remember Jack sh!t.

I have no idea what you two were yammering about. Also please don't use my real name on messages boards. It's MattyC.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booche has no idea... he is citing a moment in time where all people around were drunk... Himself on the top of the list, the only thing anyone will remember is that they were drunk...

Drunken bet? No dice!

I have to agree. I was drunk and remember very little of the conversations.

Guest Low Roller

The Tampa Bay Habs continue growing by trading for Habs prospect goalie Cedric Desjardins in return for the rights to goalie Karri Ramo who is playing out his contract in Russia.

Desjardins rejoins head coach Boucher, assistant GM Julien Brisebois, and a cast of former Habs front office personnel.

The Habs decided to trade Desjardins (who had kick-ass stats in the AHL last season) because they plan on using Curtis Sanford and Robert Meyer as their goalies in Hamilton this year.

Karri Ramo has one more year left in his KHL contract at which point the Habs can decide to sign him if they want. There's your backup for Price for next season.

Edited by Low Roller

The Tampa Bay Habs continue growing by trading for Habs prospect goalie Cedric Desjardins in return for the rights to goalie Karri Ramo who is playing out his contract in Russia.

If things dont work out with Price and they do with this new goaler, at least the fans will have a chant they can recycle with ease.

"KARRI! KARRI! KARRI!"

Somehow there must be a joke about Habs European scouts + video + Low Roller in all of this.

Guest Low Roller

Excellent observation professor.

Gauthier can't be playing with fire any more than he is. He trades the playoff hero Halak and he trades the only viable goalie prospect in the system right now Desjardins. With Ramo in Russia our goalies are Auld and Sanford until Price decides to sign. Has the goalie depth ever been this poor??

This can't be good for Desjardins' tenure in the organization. Read between the lines here:

We are happy to be able to add Cedrick to the Lightning today. With his American Hockey League experience, he will provide excellent goaltending depth for the organization, allowing us to be patient while Dustin Tokarski and Jaroslav Janus further mature and develop.

Guest Low Roller

"right now" Desjardins was the only prospect potentially ready to to play in the NHL. Robert Mayer isn't, neither is Petteri Simila, Ramo has a KHL contract, and wait... that's it. No other goalie prospects are in the organization.

"right now" Desjardins was the only prospect potentially ready to to play in the NHL.

And you know this because? He has played zero games at the NHL level. Zero. Read between the lines. Obviously PG isnt too concerned about needing or even wanting him to play "right now" or anytime soon for that matter.

Guest Low Roller

NEPOTISM!!!

Pierre Boivin's son Patrick Boivin has been hired on as Director of Hockey Operations. He replaces Julien Brisebois who left for Tampa.

His experience? Some office work for the NHL for the past two years and marketing for the Habs prior to that for five years.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Low Roller

Jaroslav Halak is coming back to Montreal on Saturday to say goodbye to the fans, and also to raise money for l'Hopital Sainte-Justine. They scheduled in two hours for the autograph session, but I'm guessing that this will turn into a huge rally for Jaro and against Boivin for not signing Price yet.