Jambands.ca

Folks of Ottawa: Lansdowne Live!

rubberdinghy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word "renovate" could mean a lot of things.

They're going to have to some major renovating to the south stands because the lower half has been torn down.

Such a renovation could include more comfy seats, better bathroom facilities and concession stands, and better access to the upper level.

I certainly hope it does because those metal benches were hard on the ass.

Are you serious?

It's ugly.

It's uncomfortable

the washrooms are gross

the ramps are stupid

the concessions suck

Part of it is missing

all of that applies to the arena and salons underneath

I could go on bit like I said, have work to do

What leads you to believe that they aren't going to address these issues and are instead just going to slap some paint on it?

I just think that's a ludicrous conclusion to come to.

I'm sure there are engineers, electricians, event coordinators, employees, plumbers who would have an even more important list than the cosmetic things I mentioned.

Did you bother reading what I wrote yesterday? They want to spend $113 million to renovate when at the same time BMO Field in toronto cost just $62 million? Would you rather have a new modern stadium or a renovated eyesore disfunctional piece of crap for twice the price? Tell me what's ludicrous again, please.

Would you rather have a new modern stadium or a renovated eyesore disfunctional piece of crap for twice the price? Tell me what's ludicrous again, please.

What's ludicrous is your insistence that Landsdowne Park will still be a piece of crap after $113M worth of renovations.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying tear the place down and start over. If costs the same fine. If it costs less, even better.

You didn't read what I wrote yesterday and you obviously aren't familiar with the proposal, so why are you arguing this?

You didn't read what I wrote yesterday and you obviously aren't familiar with the proposal, so why are you arguing this?

I was responding to your "slap some paint" on it comment. I get that you'd prefer it be rebuilt. That doesn't lead to your conclusion that renovation is akin to a paint job. I'm just asking you to be a little more fair in your criticism.