Jambands.ca

11/20/09 Cincinatti

skelter

Friday, 11/20/2009 U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, OH

Set 1: Chalk Dust Torture, The Moma Dance, The Divided Sky, Alaska, Water in the Sky, Fast Enough for You, Time Turns Elastic, Gotta Jibboo, Fluffhead

Set 2: Punch You In the Eye, Tweezer > Light -> Back on the Train > Possum, Slave to the Traffic Light, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Joy, Golgi Apparatus, Tweezer Reprise

Wow. What an experience that two night run was. I like Cincinnati alot!

I called the opener both nights, the second set closer each night. It felt like I was locked into this incredible experience that was meant to happen and here's why...

A few weeks before the tour I emailed the band a request. I sent them a fairly long email that explained how my wife and I met, moved her to Canada, had our child and that she was good enough for Christmas to let me get away for a few days to see my favourite band. As many of you know, Mellie is from Alaska via Nebraska. Well the fourth song of the first set was my request. They played Alaska and at that very moment it was as if she was there with me dancing at my side. It's moments like this that make me want to drive thousands of miles to see these guys whenever I can.

Thank You Phish. What a great run of shows!

Just listened to this show and thought that it started off very tight and rockin with Chalkdust but I thought the show as whole was sloppy and lacked focus. Everyone has an off night and this one was a bit disappointing to listen to. That being said the Divided was amazing.

Just listened to this show and thought that it started off very tight and rockin with Chalkdust but I thought the show as whole was sloppy and lacked focus. Everyone has an off night and this one was a bit disappointing to listen to. That being said the Divided was amazing.

[color:purple]oh well, good thing you didnt waste your money and actually go to this horrible show.

an opinion doesn't deserve the purple sarcasm, imo. I've heard TONS of sloppy shyte out of Phish since they've come back.

just sayin, being there and rockin' is far different than listening to the show after the fact although i'm sure someone that's been to more Phish shows than me would know that.

;) I do love me some sarcasm though.

an opinion doesn't deserve the purple sarcasm, imo. I've heard TONS of sloppy shyte out of Phish since they've come back.

just sayin, being there and rockin' is far different than listening to the show after the fact although i'm sure someone that's been to more Phish shows than me would know that.

;) I do love me some sarcasm though.

i hear ya. i just do not get critiquing the musicianship of an in-the-moment, flowing, live performance by listening to a (likely sbd mp3) recording afterwards. its totally out of context. of course they are going to make mistakes. but phantasytour is full of posts with exact time marks as to when trey fucked this up or fish downed when he should have upped or whatever. i guess i just agree with tyra when she sez, "so what?!"

an opinion doesn't deserve the purple sarcasm' date=' imo. I've heard TONS of sloppy shyte out of Phish since they've come back.

;) I do love me some sarcasm though.[/quote']

i hear ya. i just do not get critiquing the musicianship of an in-the-moment, flowing, live performance by listening to a (likely sbd mp3) recording afterwards. its totally out of context. of course they are going to make mistakes. but phantasytour is full of posts with exact time marks as to when trey fucked this up or fish downed when he should have upped or whatever. i guess i just agree with tyra when she sez, "so what?!"

I actually give Phish a lot of respect for providing that kind of value-added material for that segment of the Phish fanbase that likes to note time markings when Trey messes up, and so on. (Given that there are people who do it, they must receive some value from doing it; if Phish didn't make the odd flub [or heavydutyflub], that value wouldn't be there for them.)

Aloha,

Brad

I know phish is all about living for the moment but the fact that you can have the audio for the show instantly allows fans to compare, rate and critique their performances for ever. My statements are never an attack only an observation from and avid listener. I Believe that is part of the fun and obsession the you can only expect from phish fans. Oh, and maybe dead fans. Is it not?