Jambands.ca

COLONEL BRUCE HAMPTON & DIESEL DOG: MAY 8: HAMILTON

kc

Col-Bruce-Hampton2.jpg

Join Col. Bruce Hampton for his first Canadian shows since 2004 with an all-new, all-Canadian band!

with special guests: DIESEL DOG

Colonel Bruce Hampton: vocals & guitar

with:

Mike Bowell: guitar

Chris Cawthray: drums & percussion

Paul Neufeld: organ & keyboards

Friday May 7th Toronto, ON – venue TBA (presented by NuFunk)

Saturday May 8th Hamilton, ON – This Ain’t Hollywood (presented by Ken Inouye)

Col. Bruce Hampton has been making music since he formed his first band in 1963 and has been in constant motion ever since leaving a trail of memorable live performances with his many bands, including The Late Bronze Age and Col. Bruce Hampton and The Aquarium Rescue Unit.

Along the way he appeared in the movie "Sling Blade" as the poet and band manager Morris and starred in (Phish’s) Mike Gordon's cult classic "Outside Out" as a mystical guitar “outstructorâ€.

In the late 80s, Bruce formed The Aquarium Rescue Unit, arguably the most-influential jamband of all time. The ARU tore up stages all over North America for the better part of the decade, and when Bruce disbanded the Unit in favour of his Fiji Mariners ensemble, the various members spiraled out into the jamband world, landing in the Allman Brothers Band, the Dead and Widespread Panic, to name a few.

An infrequent visitor to Canada, Hampton was last seen in 2004 at Hamilton’s Pepperjack Café with The Codetalkers and ARU/Dead/WSP guitarist Jimmy Herring. His return to Canada was put in motion by Toronto drummer Chris Cawthray, a longtime admirer of Hampton’s, and colleague of many of Bruce’s past sidemen.

Hampton returns to Canada to launch his latest collaboration, an outerspaceways organ trio led by drummer/percussionist Chris Cawthray and featuring Juno award winners Mike Bowell on guitar and Paul Neufeld on organ and keyboards.

weblinks:

www.colbruce.com www.nufunk.ca

www.thisainthollywood.ca www.chriscawthray.com

• 1 month later...

This Ain't Hollywood does NOT have tickets at this time. I asked the ladies there at least three times if they could simply 'have a look', but they were 100% certain it's a first come, first served show. No tix. "If there are advanced tickets, they're probably available online."

So what's the scoop, kc?

Don't think I can make the show (dang it... this will be epic!) but Cohen and I will definitely be accepting visitors in the pre-hours if anyone would like to stop by. Also, I've got lots of heady crash space if anyone is considering coming in from outta town. I'm about a 15 minute walk from the venue.

They don't have tickets no, but they will this eve.

I'll put your name at the door questcequecest for the advance ticket price since you made the trip. Don't worry about getting down beforehand. Sorry about the confusion.

Tickets are also available online at www.thisainthollywood.ca

On another note.. check this preview on a new documentary coming out on Bruce... Brings it all home.