Jambands.ca

Vibes for Nashville please

AD

The oil spill in the Gulf is overshadowing another awful story in the USA, and that's the horrible flooding in Tennessee, and specifically Nashville. I've spent a bit of time there and while it's a gritty no-nonsense city, there's also history around every corner and lots of cool shit going down everywhere. 31 people have been killed so far in the flooding (not all in TN or Nashville, but it's widespread).

Asking for vibes for the people and families first, landmarks, venues, musicians, instruments and history of Nashville and surrounding areas...

In case you haven't seen or heard what's going on, here's a place to start...

Nashville floods claim grand ole opry house

Grand Ole Opry Before

grand-ole-opry-2.jpg

Now

grand-ole-opry-320.jpg

Google News listings for Nashville Flooding

t1larg.jpg

For music-centric stats on this: Musicians lose millions in gear in Nashville flood

I had 'heard' about the flooding, but only because I was doing this enviro-outreach thing with some youth, and a bunch of the kids couldn't attend because they got held up in Tennessee due to the flood. I had no idea that it was this extensive though!

Recovery vibes indeed. Crazy. Tennessee is definitely not the first place I would guess if I had heard about flooding in the US. Do they have flashflood problems due to similar circumstances that exist in Kentucky?

Indeed some terrible stuff...So Sad

I'll be doing my part when I receive my first shipment of a number of instruments for repair damaged in the flood.

Vince Gill held a flood relief concert and raised $1.7million in 3.5 hours...you can follow more news about the flood on Vince's homepage and other was to donate or help out.

http://www.vincegill.com/main/index.php