Jambands.ca

Booze smuggling thread?

DevO

With festival season upon us, I am reminded of the most excellent thread on techniques for smuggling booze into festivals, which came up last Summer connected with Ottawa Blues Fest. Can someone find that gem of a thread for us all to revisit?

On a related note, what is the security situation like for Toronto Island concerts? It's going to be a long day on Saturday and I don't want to minimize my spendings. I hear the search is quite thorough...?

:relax:

Hoodie for one can

Cargo shorts for a few

Small of the back for a flask

Seal up your own 2L of home brew with caps that don't have the seal broken

Soft tetra packs of single shots (US only at this time I think)

For the truly adventurous: bring a big nice rug (I have an older beaten persian I bring) and roll up 6-8 beers in the middle. Carry like its just a rug!

Take a baby stroller, even if you don't have a baby, just put a doll in and wrap it with blankets and make it look like a sleeping baby. The rest of the carriage is yours fill with water bottles or milk bottles full of vodka. Just be careful, if you actually are pushing along a baby to not give them the wrong bottle.

Security never check strollers, and if they want to, say, "fuck off my baby is sleeping."

Take a baby stroller, even if you don't have a baby, just put a doll in and wrap it with blankets and make it look like a sleeping baby. The rest of the carriage is yours fill with water bottles or milk bottles full of vodka. Just be careful, if you actually are pushing along a baby to not give them the wrong bottle.

Security never check strollers, and if they want to, say, "fuck off my baby is sleeping."

This is a brilliant idea! I'm checking garage sales for strollers this weekend.