Jambands.ca

NUIT BLANCHE

AD

OK, So, I'm gonna be down in TO for Nuit Blanche on Saturday night and I want to know what to expect, where to go (generally) and any other information that might be important for someone who's never been. The only thing I have on my schedule is Daniel Lanois' thing at midnight....

GO! DISCUSS!!

I've been once before and found it easiest to just keep walking (or biking) without too much of a plan. Here's another free event happening that night:

sashar.png

A late-night multi-media celebration of global culture to coincide with Nuit Blanche features a fusion of music, dance, and visuals that will unite exterior and interior bringing Queen Street passersby into the action. The evening starts with the final performance of Water by Sashar Zarif Dance Theater at 8:00 (running at The Theatre Centre, September 23 – October 2 - $18 - 22, call 416.538.0988) . Inspired by Sufi and Shamanic dance rituals of Near and Central Asia, Sashar's latest choreography uses water as the symbol to explore the theme of identity. As the evening proceeds, video links will broadcast the live music and dance to the street featuring globally-minded artists such as Nobang Persian Ensemble with Pirouz Yousefian, Zelma Badu, Parahuman Dance Theatre and Dave Wilson, DJ 'medicineman' Don St Clair, Mahla Ghasempoor and Hasti Mirhadi.