Jambands.ca

Ever have your tickets listed on stubhub (without your knowledge)?

Northern Wish

We have hard copy tickets direct from a ticketmaster outlet.

We have 4.

I just checked stubhub and there are 14 seats in each row- and the site has 12 listed.

Freaking out just a tad here- but also realize I likely have no reason to do so.

I just got off the phone with stubhub and they have contacted the seller (she told me he is one of the biggest reseller accounts that they have- he even buys and sells for profit just on their site) and he is going to double check his tickets to make sure he got the correct locations.

The kicker is: he told the agent that he bought the tickets from stubhub in the first place and is just marking them up for resale.

???

Thats the lowest price I have seen.....

On mycityrocks a pair will run a cool $5000.

Believe me I thought of selling them- putting $1000 or more in my pocket and moving back about 30 rows but the guy who actually lined up for them is having none of it. And I don't really want to- its just who can ignore the fleeting thoughts that pop into ones head from time to time.

Stubhub sellers list approximate locations all the time. All Stubhub guarantees is that you get "similar" seats.

I'm thinking this is what is happening. Out of our row we have the best possible seats- on the aisle and in the closest part of Row B to center stage.

I figure they post the best possible in 'similar seats' to try to milk every last penny......

As for the "they're only worth what someone will pay"- as a former baseball card collector I know from experience that is 100% true; but its second row for NYE in NYC. I think the market could push values way beyond what is reasonable. I could see some Wall St. sharps who used to be in the scene back in 1995 ponying up whatever someone is asking.

I think I'm gonna PM Danny Devito and see what he and Conan O'Brien are willing to fork out.

As for the "they're only worth what someone will pay"- as a former baseball card collector I know from experience that is 100% true; but its second row for NYE in NYC. I think the market could push values way beyond what is reasonable. I could see some Wall St. sharps who used to be in the scene back in 1995 ponying up whatever someone is asking.

Ask $15,000 per ticket then. No, ask $500,000! No, ask a billion!

Believe me I thought of selling them- putting $1000 or more in my pocket and moving back about 30 rows but the guy who actually lined up for them is having none of it. And I don't really want to- its just who can ignore the fleeting thoughts that pop into ones head from time to time.

Not sure why the convo has turned into how much I could sell these for- I'm only freaking out because I don't want to get to the gates of MSG and have the scanner make the sound of death.

Not sure why the convo has turned into how much I could sell these for- I'm only freaking out because I don't want to get to the gates of MSG and have the scanner make the sound of death.

I "thought" of selling them. Like every once in a while in the truck I think 'man what would happen if I drove right into the oncoming lanes?' or that one time at Deer Creek that I thought I was well enough into tour that I should eat that 10 strip but never did. I'd never do it, but the mind does strange things.

OK so Basher just told me to go into StubHub and enter the info as though I was going to sell them and it would give me some more pertinent info and it did:

Average sale price : $700 on two pairs (but both sets were in rows F and H respectively- I wonder how much 4 or 5 rows changes things?)

Average list price: $1557.00 of which there are currently 54 tickets in inventory

This is actually a great tool for checking out the market- I'm off to do some Mumford and Sons research now.......