Jambands.ca

Official Bluesfest 2011 Lineup

Freeker

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Gabriel announced 12 date tour but the site currently only lists 11 dates. The last one is a week before Bluesfest starts.

Neil Young's tour page has a date w/ Buffalo Springfield on July 15th blank

These are just rumours remember.

As for;

Sade

PS I Love You

Yukon Blonde

All confirmed on their websites

I could see that Skrillex guy get a booking. I don't know if I believe that Black Sheep will go back to strict comedy- some of the best 'club size' acts musically played that stage (often to sparse audiences but still). Last year the most electronic acts were say Passion Pit and Rural Alberta Advantage if you like (Konono no. 1 too who played Black Sheep for instance). I'm curious more than the routing likelihoods about what Monahan wants to do with programming dollars across genres. Hence looking at what's registered in the past year or two in independent musical circles. I mean for instance apart from Drake (who cancelled didn't he?) and Down With Webster there was no hip hop really- I could see that change.

I'm curious more than the routing likelihoods about what Monahan wants to do with programming dollars across genres.

This is a total guess but with some of the rumored acts such as Mary J Blige, 3oh3!, Kanye West, Macy Gray etc. it would seem that 2011 is the year to bring in another subset of the population.

We already had blues of course in many years, jam (05), classic rock (09) and, heavy metal (10) years; so maybe its time for Bluesfest to start appealing to the 20 somthing R+B fans.?

I mean it makes sense if you think about it. How many new fans can you possibly cultivate if you just stick to Steve Miller, Great Big Sea, Blue Rodeo and The Hip every single year?

Yes I agree.

I'm not saying he has never appealed to them before- but to bring them in you have to put 4 or 5 artists together to really make a difference in advance ticket sales (such as Iron Maiden, Rush and Dream Theatre last year - or Mick Taylor, Yardbirds, Alan Parsons, The Zombies, Spencer Davis in 2009).

Sure he was courting several scenes, but I think each year tends to have one genre that is overrepresented in comparison to the previous events, or compared to the popular vote.