Jambands.ca

EPL 2011-12

Davey Boy 2.0

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is likely the first and only time I'll post in here, but thought I'd point out that our local team (Brighton) here seems to be kicking ass and taking names following their promotion to the Championship League.

Undefeated so far this season and at the top of the table. Amex stadium is across the road from my university so I'm going to have to find a way to score tickets. Amazing that in a city of 300,000 a 22,000 seat stadium is completely sold out for the whole season. Rabid fans.

Edited by Guest

How rough was that Mr Slippery?

The most insane shit I have ever witnessed was an LA Raider - LA Rams preseason game in 1994. I figure I saw between 50 and 60 fights, inside the gates alone, with many involving multiple individuals. At one point I thought we were witnessing a murder because one dude was pummelling a dude's face while he had him propped over a seat. It was disgusting and the most insane thing I have ever seen. Once he had the guy totally beat he still hit him square in the face another 13 times while the dude was almost unconscious if not unconscious. The cops came up and lightly tapped him to stop and then walked him out as the meds came to deal with the limp body to take him out of the place on a stretcher.

I'm still dealing with that imagery and wondering wtf is wrong with people. Sorry for the hungover Sunday tangent.

How rough was that Mr Slippery? tangenttangent.

(stupid iPad, doesn't quote well here)

Really violent. Was there with my grandfather, and staying in a very home-neutral area, but a LOT of Chelsea stormed a Brighton stand, and the brawl ended up on the pitch. Seems to me the goals came down and the match was stopped, but that might have been at the game's end. I thought we might've left early though, so they probably stopped it early. Some really bloodied folks outside the grounds as we were leaving.

Just awful, and yeah, it's stuck with me.

DEADLINE DAY HEADLINES SO FAR...

Scott Parker has moved from West Ham to Spurs for £5m.

Liverpool's Joe Cole completed a loan move to Lille, despite late links with Aston Villa.

And Christian Poulson has also left Anfield for France, joining Evian.

Germany defender Per Mertesacker is close to joining Arsenal, but Brazilian left-back Andre Santos has joined the Gunners for £6.2m.

Owen Hargreaves is expected to complete his move to Man City this evening.

Defender Scott Dann is having a medical at Blackburn but a fee has yet to be agreed.

Everton striker Yakubu looks set for Blackburn too.

QPR have agreed a fee for Sunderland defender Anton Ferdinand, and Neil Warnock has also been linked with moves for Craig Bellamy and Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Stoke have agreed a fee with Birmingham for Cameron Jerome.

And, finally for now, It looks like Carlos Tevez and Luka Modric will be staying at Man City and Tottenham respectively.

haha, under 21....he's 28 and named as a "recent callup" rather than in the "current squad"

"On May 21, 2009, he was called up for the first time to the Brazilian national team for 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification and the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup in South Africa.[5] On June 15, 2009, he made his first international appearance as a substitute in a match against Egypt.[6] He then started the following four games as Brazil went on to win the competition. After 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup he apparently beat Kléber and Marcelo to the left back position on the national team. However, he was dropped from the friendlies afterward and Dunga preferred Michel Bastos and Gilberto on the match against Republic of Ireland in February 2010. That 22-men squad against Ireland also became the backbone of 2010 FIFA World Cup squad announced on May 11."