Jambands.ca

Penn State

Booche

Holeefuck.

The next time I try to read an idictment of this nature can I count on one of you guys to tell me to stop? I got into the victim # 2 stuff and was almost shaking. Luckily I stopped reading on my own.

And it looks like JoePa is going to retire. Surprise, surprise.

"It's hard for me to tell you how much this means to me. I've lived for this place, and I've lived for people like you guys and girls, and I'm just so happy to see that you could feel so strongly about us and about your school. The kids that were victims or whatever they want to say, I think we all ought to say a prayer for them. Tough life, when people do certain things to you. Anyway, you've been great. Everything's great, all right."

It's all good brahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

WOW:

In 2001, Sandusky published a book called, "Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story,"

41ZXRXMOp7L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

"(Jerry) saw the opportunities that some kids just hadn't had. But we'd gotten to the point where we couldn't take in any more, so Jerry started thinking about starting a group home."

This guy sounds like a real winner, dirtbag!

The AD and Paterno should be forced out immediatley.

If not, then I agree the NCAA should step in with some serious sanctions. Putting the football program on suspension for who knows how many years would definitely send a message to a school with this kind of history of football.

We must take care of one another not support this filth. Booche, I'm with you, i was appalled with what I read and actually had to stop.

List of charges and actual grand jury report against Sandusky.

http://deadspin.com/5856777/jerry-sandusky-and-to-penn-state

Saw this on twitter..

Mark Madden just said on WEEI that reports coming that Sandusky and Second Mile pimped out young boys to rich donors.

Link to actual audio:

http://audio.weei.com/a/48513317/mark-madden-talks-about-the-penn-state-scandal

Best article on the Penn State reaction I've read yet:

The Brutal Truth About Penn State

There's nothing that can happen to the university, or to the people sunk up to their eyeballs in this incredible moral quagmire, that's worse than what happened to the children who got raped at Penn State. Good Lord, people, get up off your knees and get over yourselves.

This one's pretty good too:

An Open Letter to Mike McQueary

Grantland is quickly becoming my favourite sports website.

Interesting to see the allegations coming out of Syracuse today. Given that both the police and journalists investigated and found nothing, I think this is more of a "wait and see" situation than Penn State. I think it's also telling that Boeheim - who is normally rather level-headed in his public relations - was quick to rebuke all the allegations and claim the person was just looking for money. I can't imagine he would have used language that strong if there was any chance the allegations were true.

Grantland is quickly becoming my favourite sports website.

I have a love/hate relationship with Grantland. Some great sports writing for sure but the way they pay so much attention to movies' date=' TV and pop culture in general delves into self-parody territory.

[/quote']

That's fair, although I think the writers take such an academic approach to almost everything they cover that the site remains above the fray. (The one exception to this, unfortunately, is their NHL writer Katie Baker, who tries too hard to be Bill Simmons. How I wish there was proper NHL coverage on there).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...