Jambands.ca

Bruins,Leafs & Sens

Esau

quote:

Originally posted by low roller:

dang, the Eastern Conference playoffs are going to be
gooooood.

Thats exactly what I have been thinking,its been back and forth most of the second half of the season with all three teams for the top three spots.Makes for awesome hockey in my opinion.

Last nights game was pretty good I thought,other then the two unfortunate mis-cues by Lalime,it would have been yet another tie game more then likley,somthing Boston is notorious for this year(I think they hold the record this year).

Note: I edited the first post since the logo was a bit huge and changed the thread title to a more suiting one..I was rather buzzin last night when I posted this originally. [Cool]

The past is just that,past,I do not see how what Montreal has done years ago has any standing in this year.

Northeast:

Boston - 97 (4th)*

Toronto - 94 (5th)*

Ottawa - 93 (8th)*

Montreal - 90 (11th)*

Buffalo - 76 (19th)*

* = Overall

Boston,Toronto & Ottawa have been back & forth since the half-way point of this season,I don't seem to recall Montreal being in the top three of this division.

I was merely talking about how exciting it is to have these teams battling back & forth.Nothing was "purposely" left out,since I was not talking about who could win the cup,but I know who I would like to see win the cup.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Ottawa gets one win they are in second,pending a Toronto loss.If they lose they remain in third.

Toronto gets one win they are in second and Ottawa back to third.If they lose they could also remain in second,pending an Ottawa loss.

Boston gets one win,they remain in first,even if they lose.Regardless of Toronto or Ottawa wins or losses.

Montreal gets one win they are still in 4th.

Seems like a three way battle to me.

The race for the last two spots in the West is fantastic too.

7. Nashville 82

8. Edmonton 82

9. St. Louis 81

10. Los Angeles 79

Four teams within 3 points of each other. Should be an interesting week and a half...

1985 was the last time all Canadian teams made the playoffs. However, it's never happened in the current NHL setup with Ottawa and the absence of the Winnipeg Jets and Quebec Nordiques.

I think it's really cool too. I could see Calgary being the dark horse team that goes to the final (a la Anaheim and Minny of recent years)

kids.jpg

quote:

Originally posted by dave-O:

The race for the last two spots in the West is fantastic too.

What I find striking looking at the complete Western standings is just how "not that far out of it" the "not gonna make the playoffs" teams actually are.

Truly any team can win this year. Anyone remember a playoff with so much parity?

Edited to add:

P.S. Leafs Suck

Guest Low Roller

I hope that two Canadian teams aren't paired up in the first round. We may not win this year, but I want us to take down as many yankees as possible.

quote:

Originally posted by low roller:

Who said I considered the Maple Leafs a Canadian team?
[big Grin]

Go Habs Go!

I would say leafs are the most Canadian team of any...because every game the leafs play in Canada the stands seem to be mostly leaf fans...Television ratings and so what would also prove that Canada supports the leafs the most...

Oh ya i forgot Lalime sucks

Guest Low Roller

quote:

Originally posted by Jakis:

Television ratings and so what would also prove that Canada supports the leafs the most...

huh? [Confused]

Well you certainly ramble like a true Leafs fan, I won't dispute that.

Archived