Jambands.ca

Bunch of Fucking Goons!

AD

Oh you silly Leafs... I think they just realised they were going nowhere this year... Have fun on the golf course Tucker... (Do you think Tucker even knows what end of the club to hold? Maybe he sees the ball as an opponents head and tries to slash the hell out of it...)

I predicted 4-2 Sens last night. So I was wrong [smile][smile][big Grin]

AD

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was funny to see Tucker being the usual moron that he is, and also Domi (bowling ball head) freaking out and taking on a skilled Euro player because he's not tough enough anymore to fight a legit tough guy. Nice breaking of the goon code there Domi!

I love how the Leafs whine and cry when things go badly for them. They played like a junior team out there getting pissed with the ref and losing focus on the game. It must have been embarrassing for guys like Mogilny or Sundin who were actually trying to play hockey. The Sens are so much more skilled, and it showed tonight.

I hope both the Sens and Leafs do pretty well in the playoffs. Actually I hope all Canadian teams do well.

Colin

Here's my take on the whole thing. We all know that the Senators have a highly skilled team, even more skilled than my beloved Maple Leafs, BUT they are also one of the most boring teams in the league. I've figured out why the leafs hate the sens so much. Basically, if the leafs keep the lead throughout a game, it's a terrific game because both teams play their hearts out. However, as soon as Ottawa gains the lead, they play their *^%king trap defense that drives everyone (and I mean everyone...opposing teams, fans, even sens players) nuts because it's just so boring. For those of you who believe that the TML don't play hockey, and are just a bunch of goons, I've got to ask you what it is that the Senators do when they've got a lead...it's not hockey, I'll tell you that. Sure it's effective and lesser teams (the devils) have won stanley cups in the past doing exactly what the sens are doing now, but it's just too boring. Despite the fact that the TML's haven't won a stanley cup in what seems like forever, they continually sell out every home game they play. Why, you ask. I'll tell you why. It's because they win some and lose some, but despite the outcome, they play hardnosed, aggressive hockey that's just damn-fun to watch. The sens are a supremely talented group of players who can excite the hell out of me when they're playing to score, but other than that, they just plain suck. Finally, just as a personal jab...I hate Jacques Martin. Just the look of him drives me nuts. Patty should have challenged him to a dual last night so that he could mess up Jacques ridiculous hair. [Wink][Wink]

If you think the Sens play boring, trap hockey, you haven't watched an Ottawa game in two years. They are the only team in the East comparable to the style of play in the West.

If you want to learn what the "neutral zone trap" is, watch the Minnesota Wild for a game.

The Leafs play garbage hockey. End of story.

hey phunky c, i ask you this.

how can you say ottawa plays a boring brand of hockey? if you said this two or three years ago i would agree. right now they are sitting with 207 goals for, second only to vanouver who sit at 211. a team that scores this many goals is not playing the trap. all teams sit on leads. if you want to see a boring game watch the minnesota wild, now thats trap hockey.

and im not a sens fan.. HABS fan all the way.

GO HABS GO!

quote:

Originally posted by Phunky Cauldron:

Here's my take on the whole thing. We all know that the Senators have a highly skilled team, even more skilled than my beloved Maple Leafs,
BUT
they are also one of the most boring teams in the league. I've figured out why the leafs hate the sens so much. Basically, if the leafs keep the lead throughout a game, it's a terrific game because both teams play their hearts out. However, as soon as Ottawa gains the lead, they play their *^%king trap defense that drives everyone (and I mean everyone...opposing teams, fans, even sens players) nuts because it's just so boring. For those of you who believe that the TML don't play hockey, and are just a bunch of goons, I've got to ask you what it is that the Senators do when they've got a lead...it's not hockey, I'll tell you that. Sure it's effective and lesser teams (the devils) have won stanley cups in the past doing exactly what the sens are doing now, but it's just too boring. Despite the fact that the TML's haven't won a stanley cup in what seems like forever, they continually sell out every home game they play. Why, you ask. I'll tell you why. It's because they win some and lose some, but despite the outcome, they play hardnosed, aggressive hockey that's just damn-fun to watch. The sens are a supremely talented group of players who can excite the hell out of me when they're playing to score, but other than that, they just plain suck. Finally, just as a personal jab...I hate Jacques Martin. Just the look of him drives me nuts. Patty should have challenged him to a dual last night so that he could mess up Jacques ridiculous hair.
[Wink][Wink]

FALSE, FALSE AND FALSE...Ottawa does not play the trap like the used, in the same style as New Jersey, Ottawa games are now exciting...you can`t tell me last nights game was boring, unless you didn`t see it! They play to score every night, you can`t say that the suck because because the don`t...You say that the trap sucks and is boring? what do you call the 4 morons (I used to like Green) that just cause shit and take stupid penalties...that`s what annoys me...The fact that the captain jumps in to take on Domi when Arvie obviously didn`t want to go shows they have heart...Hmmm Toronto with 11 penalty kills...Yep they must know how to play smart hockey...I think the Leafs suck!!! and Quinn is a dork...go have a smoke you gum chewing fool...

Anyhoo...I hope Ottawa picks up Laracque and he beats the 4 of them senseless at the same time one hand tied behind his back...

GO SENS GO

RANT DONE...LEAFS CAN SUCK ON THIS....

quote:

What's worse?

a) The top team in the league sells out 4 games so far this season, puts together an elite team on a limited budget.

OR

B)
A team sells out every game, year after year, with one of the highest ticket prices in the league, and refuses to invest that money back into the team to obtain the players needed to make a cup run.

OR

c) dinghy's spelling and grammar???

I guess it depends what you're looking for. Your spin on the first 2 options is funny...it's not too obvious who you're cheering for. In my opinion, hockey is for the fans. As excited as players get when they win, it's the hundreds of thousands of fans that get the real kick. So, I guess my answer is that while it would be nice for TML fans to actually win a cup, it would be a whole hell of a lot worse than it is now if Toronto didn't play what their fans consider exciting, aggressive hockey.

As for ottawa's highly elite team, I can't argue that they have great talent. Even their younger players are playing very well, but it's hard for me to watch a team that basically goes into a game, scores a goal and then just sits back and plays defence. This would drive me nuts as a player. I can say with a fair amount of confidence that with all the highly skilled offensive players on their team that they would love nothing else but to weave around their opponents and make pretty tic-tac-toe passes all night, but they can't because Mr. Martin has devised a better (albeit boring) way to win. That's my problem with them. I like ottawa's team, player for player, but I don't like the way their team is run as the players get to make so few of their own choices. They never retaliate (sure, that's smart hockey) because Jacques has drilled it into their heads to play without emotion. Just boring. I like emotion in sport. For me , that's what does it.

quote:

What's worse?

As for ottawa's highly elite team, I can't argue that they have great talent. Even their younger players are playing very well, but it's hard for me to watch a team that basically goes into a game, scores a goal and then just sits back and plays defence. This would drive me nuts as a player. I can say with a fair amount of confidence that with all the highly skilled offensive players on their team that they would love nothing else but to weave around their opponents and make pretty tic-tac-toe passes all night, but they can't because Mr. Martin has devised a better (albeit boring) way to win. That's my problem with them. I like ottawa's team, player for player, but I don't like the way their team is run as the players get to make so few of their own choices. They never retaliate (sure, that's smart hockey) because Jacques has drilled it into their heads to play without emotion. Just boring. I like emotion in sport. For
me
, that's what does it.

Again...I beleive I have proven my point on emotion, the team wants the cup, they made their own decisions to defer their salaries, The have all the skill...just missing that final piece. I can`t even remeber the last time the Sens took one 1-0 so your point about scoring a goal is completely incorrect as well. They just happen to be leading the NHL for goals scored...(Tied with Vancouver)

I`m sorry I feel everything you have said is untrue..

Typical Leafs fan...

PS...My Opinion...

quote:

Your spin on the first 2 options is funny...it's not too obvious who you're cheering for.

Even their younger players are playing very well, but it's hard for me to watch a team that basically goes into a game, scores a goal and then just sits back and plays defence.

For the record, I'm not a Sens fan. I am, however, a hockey fan. If I lived in Montreal, I would go see the Habs... if I lived in Columbus, I'd go see the Blue Jackets.

As for your other "points"... if you seriously believe that the Sens play to score and defend a lead, you quite simply have not watched very many games.

I'm a Habs fan and I haven't given up on them yet.

That being said if they do not make the playoffs I will choose to support Ottawa over Toronto.

The Leafs just make me sick. From Pat Quinn right on down to Darcy Tucker they do nothing but whine.

Archived