Jambands.ca

String Cheese can bite it for all I care..

kung

Here's some interesting quotes from an article an intelligent head wrote about his Red Rocks experience: (link below)

WE were lucky enough to be in college in the early 90's when Phish emerged and were blessed with being at a time in our lives

where we could attach ourselves and grow with the band. And totally coincidentally, it happened to be one of the most special

bands ever to grace the earth. The intriguing and curious music came first, THEN the desires to build commmunity around the personality and character from everything they stood for and the tours and the tracking of the setlists and shows and

bandmembers and inside jokes connected to the music, etc, etc...

...It's so on the surface, just "there," with no real soul or substance.

The vibe feels forced and almost like a substitute teacher while something bigger in music is missing.

Northern Heads

......The intriguing and curious music came first, THEN the desires to build commmunity around the personality and character from everything they stood for and the tours and the tracking of the setlists and shows and

bandmembers and inside jokes connected to the music, etc, etc...

Oh ya, that reminds me of the GRATEFUL DEAD. Ever heard of them?

I think everybody gets what they want out of whichever scene/band they visit. be it regularly or infrequently.. String Cheese can come across as huge, monster musicians or hokey and cliched, I've thought both. But the bottom line is they're tight as hell, and making music they will never sell to any radio station or mtv, ya gotta respect that. They're a more accessible version of Phish. With uglier guys.

Phish is the ideal band in my mind.. and i think it's the same for a lot of people, so in comparison the Trey scene would feel a little forced because its so new. And it's not phish. and I'm sure half the crowd is hoping that night is the show Phish comes out to surprise the world. If it WAS trey tour the smart head wrote about, wasn't quite sure.

Regardless, theres no point in pining for the past when there is soo much sweet shit coming out now.. I had no idea at the start of this year that there were soo many great acts in Canada alone..

am i off track?.. do i care? did i wipe my ass? i can't remember. wink.gif" border="0

I dont know, I just dont understand this guys english and what he is talking about. If you read the article from that link then read all the ones below it, all the other ones praise the Cheese and their scene.

I have a question about the following quote"

....It's so on the surface, just "there," with no real soul or substance.....

Thats exactly the way I feel about Phish's scene compared to the Grateful Deads and SCIs.

Remember back before there was price gouging in the lots. Remember the free stuff, free food, $2 doses and $20 eighths of bud, and no ripoffs. Phish lots are mostly all, me me me me these days, lets try to make as much money as we can.

Just one more reason why SCI scene is very refreshing, not to mention how much they rock do to their experience at playing and excellent and experienced song writing.

Well, now that Phish is done, kung will probably have to tour with the Disco Biscuits since he doesn't like SCI. Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Its funny because remaining Dead members and Phish members also love SCI, but they aren't as intelligent of a head as Kung. Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Archived