Jambands.ca

CSNY?

MarcO

Any thoughts? I went the first night and was pretty disappointed. Overall, it was pretty lame. I don't accept the idea that it's simply so great to have these guys together on a stage, and that's that. I want quality music played with inspiration and enthusiasm. At least Nash and Young kept up their end of that bargain. Stills and Crosby? Over-rated burnouts cruising on a storied past? Discuss.

Neil was fucking killer though. I felt sorry for the other guys.

(And it's not easy for me to write about CSN that way, because I've been a fan since I was in grade school.)

frown.gif" border="0

the beatles tune - oh shit, i thought you said blackbird... cuz they use to do that real good - i just looked up bluebird and am downloading now....

marc0,i've seen them like 4 times, and i think only once was i not dissappointed. there was the once though, and it was great... but ya, most of the times they were kinda flat, also cuz at the time, a cover band 4 Way Street was playing ottawa a lot and they were phenomenal, so it was hard to compare an old original to 5 wicked musicians and vocalists doing the same music at the bar every weekend...

with csn i think the venue makes a huge difference - like they were awfle at the corel center but not so bad outside at wonderland...

I went to the first night too.

I thought it was incredible, without being too critical!

The harmonies were great, the song selection was more than I could ask for, plus anything with Neil definately puts a fat grin on my face.

I thought there were many psych moments (Down by the River) and some bitter sweet moments as well (Our House).

Overall, my friend and I had such a good time, we were eager to got the next night too (but we were broke).

quote:

Originally posted by phunkyb:

Neil Young does it for me everytime!! I thought that was the best part of the night.

I thought Stills was a little weak at times but other then that the harmonies where great.

I totally agree about Neil. Every time Neil stepped up to bat, the energy level and quality control skyrocketed. I've gotta go see him if he tours this Summer!

Honestly, my girlfriend and I thought Stills was frightening. We were shocked.

I went last night (second night) and can say that there were definitely some ups and downs, and for me, the ups far outweighed the downs. Neil was the man, Old Man and Harvest Moon in the acoustic mini-set killed me. Felt sorry for poor old Steve trying his best, but he was (as always) in Neil's shadow. Crosby was great on Almost Cut My Hair and Long Time Gone. Other highlights were Wooden Ships, Southern Man, Teach Your Children and Woodstock. I saw opening night in Detroit of CSN&Y 2000, I thought they were a bit better then(Nash and Crosby did a 2 man "Guinevere" then, and Neil played After The Goldrush on organ with his harmonica- that was the shit) mainly because of some newer, weaker songs that seemed like filler this time- but I'm glad they tried 'em rather than just give us the same old stuff for the whole night. Anyway, it was worth the $70 to me ($10 of which went to TicketBastard).

Take care of your shoes....