Jambands.ca

Any web-design freelancers out there?

Blane

It all depends on his skills and what he's gotta do.

If there is programming for database connectivity, that certainly would jack up the price, but flash animation can be quite a bit of work as well.

I'd probably go for a day rate of about $200-250 for what you're describing, but if there was any programming, that number would be higher.

$15/hr seems pretty low, like an entry level position in a company. But if it is a contract, you wouldn't go that low.

Also agreed with either of those per diem rates - its a corporate website, bilingual with bells and whistles, not the local corner store (whom you might charge $15 an hour - but that should still be bumped to $20-$25 depending on the client)

I am disappointed that a course is suggesting such a low starting price, it really sells real skills short and makes it harder for the rest of us to get a fair price.

100 dollars an hour IS NOT the going rate for any web designer. Unless maybe you the BEST working for a BIG web designer. A friend of mine just completed a three year web design class at Mohawk College, and told me the starting rate was about 15 dollars an hour. So maybe double that if your working on your own, as a contractor. but if you ask for 100 dollars an hour (the going rate for an advance programmer) you WILL be laughed at.

Something to consider...