Jambands.ca

420 article

Freak By Night

Man! Who wrote the article about the 420 party at Babylon on the main Sanctuary page?

"420 - the ultimate nudge nudge wink wink amongst our community. It can be talked about in front of parents and police and no one is any wiser. It is code for a teensy bit of harmless subversion and a unifying force amongst the kind"

Way to reveal the secret dude! Geez!!

ha ha! hey, that's a good one !

i only had this one to offer

http://www.csupomona.edu/~jasanders/slang/CSRP921.html

no, it was jsut the build up the nudge nudge, its a secret, then saying what the secret was that i thought was funny

hey, check out this excerpt from bouches page

The Origin Revealed

According to Steven Hager, editor of High Times, the term 420 originated at San Rafael High School, in 1971, among a group of about a dozen pot-smoking wiseacres who called themselves the Waldos, who are now pushing 50. The term was shorthand for the time of day the group would meet, at the campus statue of Louis Pasteur, to smoke pot. Intent on developing their own discreet language, they made 420 code for a time to get high, and its use spread among members of an entire generation. While our teens feel that they know something we don't, you can let them in on the fact that it was your generation that came up with the numbers.

A quote from one of the Waldos in the High Times article states, "We did discover we could talk about getting high in front of our parents without them knowing by using the phrase 420." Fortunately, your teenagers will not have that same option.

Whatever!

Simply put, 420 is a symbol of cannabis and its culture. Today, April 20th events are international, and 4:20 pm has become sort of a world wide "burn time". It certainly doesn't matter too much where the term came from because for us parents, it's a flag, a warning sign that our teenagers may be into something that could harm their future. When you see the symbol 420, be aware of what it represents.

nice link. Pick one and use it in a sentance.

All fawked up [color:"#FF00FF"](adj.)  Really

drunk; really intoxicated; really high; totally obliterated.

I lost my drum for a while, and I didn't notice that it was right beside me because I was all fawked up

rofl.gif

'Hood rat (noun)

Similar to hoochie mama, but less promiscuous; sleeps around, but only with the homies from her own 'hood. [Advent (High) School, Bay Area, CA; in Da Bomb click here.]

where is hood today anyway?

grin.gif" border="0