Jambands.ca

Are there any other reasons to duck?

bouche

I read this quote in the news today about the explosion in NYC.

I found it bizarre.

"I just ducked because all the glass and flames and fire was coming toward me," said Steve Jaisingh, who works in the basement of the building. "If I didn't duck, I would have died."

I was in Paris back in October, and went to the Eiffel tower. There was a cart selling cotton candy, and it stopped me cold. Normally cotton candy doesn't instill such a Fear & Loathing (even though I hate the stuff), but it wasn't the confection so much as the label on the cart: BARBE A PAPA.

"Barbapapas? Whaaaat?" I started having *bad* hazy pink TVO flashbacks...I had to sit down for a while before I could continue...

A friend who speaks better French than I do explained it to me. "Barba a papa" is French for "father's beard". (I guess fathers in France have pink beards?) I guess what happened was some French animator made a cartoon about these pink amorphous blobs, and called the creatures the same thing as the real-world item they resembled most. (Either that, or there was some meeting at an animation studio to come up with new programs, and they ran out of ideas. "Anything, guys, come on!" "OK, how about...if...cotton candy...came to life?!?" "That's *it*? I pay you guys big bucks and all you can come up with is walking-talking cotton candy?!? Well, we have to do *something*...")

Back to work. Clickety-click...

Aloha,

Brad

BOO!

I can't believe these things frightened you GM! They were the greatest! I want to be Barbalynnie soooo badly! If you needed a ladder....clickity-click! You're a ladder! If you needed a spoon...clickity-click! You're hand is a spoon! Imagine the possibilities!

barbapapa.gif

sally, i grabbed a wack load of barbapapas for bouche a couple weeks back for avatars

tell him to look through those for one that works for you

with that one you shoulda changed your user name to la la though smile.gif" border="0