Jambands.ca

Nero "Medium Speed Error" Help Needed!

Freeker

Ok I just got a spindle, of what I thought were decent CDR's. So I tried to burn a show and it wouldn't let me burn at 16x only 12x and i got a "medium speed error" 20 seconds in.

I'm running Nero 5.5.10.15 in XP and my burner is an Aopen. I hear the combo of Nero+Aopen+Crap ass CDR's= medium speed errors, but I don't want to give up on this spindle, I've already tried updating the firmware changing burning programs, updating Nero.

Unfortuanetly I have no other blanks on me right now so I don't know if I can burn to any manufactures disc. Am i to assume these blanks suck or is there something else going on, any help would be appreciated, thanks

I bought them at Sprint (50 spindle - Maxmax Colorful) I managed to get one to burn at 4x,but thats it. got my hands on some Fuji's and they're working fine, so, at least, I know its not the burner.

Called Sprint and they said they'd refund. Not sure what to do now, Sprint was my only other cheap alternative,I checked out OEM Express the other day and their new cheap spidle is of the lowest quality possible.

I guess my question now ids, where to buy quality cd's at a fair price (ie. Fuji, TDK etc...)

heheh i actually thought it was a new song by them as it was in quotes etc...anyways...

Freeker:

Here's what you need to know-

First:

Go to Device Manager, go to your IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers and make sure everything is set to DMA and not PIO mode.

There is also a section in your BIOS to check this-i'd set everything here to Auto.

If possible use 80 pin IDE cables instead of 40 pin.

What is your chipset? If it is VIA make sure you have the newest 4in1 patch running.

Go to AOpen's site and make sure there are no known hardware conflicts with your motherboard and/or Nero software. Go to Nero site and do the same.

Also, while at AOpen's site, check and see if there is a hardware revision for your burner. You may have to flash the Eprom(wait till later when you are alone...) to bring it up to date.

hope this helps....I've been using Nero for 7 years and never had a problem that wasn't fixed by one of the above.

Archived