Jambands.ca

**Nero, Diesel Dog, Special Ed - Kitchener**

bouche

Friday April 4, 2003

upstairs at The Lancaster Tavern

574 Lancaster Street West, Kitchener

(519)743-4331

- Diesel Dog at 9:00 p.m.

- Special Ed & the Musically Challenged at 10:45 p.m.

- nero at 12:30 a.m.

- sound and recording by Tungsten Gruvsten

- with Johnny LaRue as Master of Ceremonies

- bring a hand drum and join the drum circle at midnight led by the University of Waterloo Drum Club

- join us for a chance to win great prizes including a pair of tickets to see Béla Fleck and the Flecktones in Toronto at Massey Hall on Saturday April 12

$8 at the door

19+

Directions from the 401:

• exit onto Highway 8 to Kitchener
  • exit onto Highway 86 to Waterloo (Note that there is construction happening - if you are in the right lane Highway 8 will turn into Highway 86 to Waterloo)
  • take the Bridgeport Road exit and turn left onto Bridgeport Road
  • turn left onto Lancaster Street
  • look for The Lancaster Tavern ("The Lanc") on the right- there is a boat docked in the air - you'll see it!
  • if you go in the front door there are stairs immediately to your left that lead to the upstairs room

I'm getting really excited about this show!

Three great bands; sound and an awesome recording setup courtesy of Tungsten Gruvsten; drummers; friend/poet/nature lover Johnny L.; prizes; and hopefully lots of you with your smiling faces and dancing bodies to make the night complete.

Those of you that follow my posts on this board know that I am a huge fan of both nero and Diesel Dog. And I know that many of you are as well. As for Special Ed & The Musically Challenged, I don't think a lot of people on this board, including myself, know Special Ed very well. Personally I've only ever seen them once, at Frontier Town, and I enjoyed it, but wow, am I ever impressed with their new cd ARE YOU OK? I've now listened to it 3 or 4 times and I am hooked! Refreshing original funky rockin' tunes with some cool lyrics. This band has been described by some as something like "Phish meets Zappa meets Primus", and although it is hard to describe music with words, and to compare anybody with those three bands, I can see where the descriptions come from when I hear the cd and the live tracks that I've heard. I am really looking forward to hearing this band again live!

It's going to be a show!

Peace, Mark

I don;t think I can sum it up better that Chickenbutter420. Me, I prefer saurkraut and condiments, but to each his/her own. Looking forward to some good jams and some great times. See you on Friday. Get there early to avoid being shut out (and to catch the opening band, Diesel Dog, who start at 9pm!)

Break out the Strubbs, I feel like getting pickled

It's a sweet room but not that big ... it holds approximately 200 people. I'm expecting that it will be busy, but it's always hard to know for sure what will happen until it happens.

Come early and stay 'till the end. Diesel Dog is on at 9 p.m., and we'll be working hard to stay on schedule. Yes, that is an early start for a bar show, but we've got 3 great bands and I want to make sure that they each get lots of playing time.

At the last show at the Bombshelter we had a solid group of people out for the opening set by Diesel Dog ... and the band tore it up! Hopefully we'll have lots of smiling faces and happy dancers again for their set.

Peace, Mark

Archived