Jambands.ca

PHIX

bONES

definitly kimmock over phix i would say

ok i love the edit button;)

after seeing the lists on phix' site of the phish tunes they play, they would definitly be fu to have at frontier, no doot aboot it, they say you can make yer own phantasy set, id say

julius>the wedge>scarlet>fire.timber ho, moma>YEM

and thennnn 2001>BOAF>hood>gamehenge and maybe a gumbo to end

but kimmock would be awesome too

lovin that edit button

their sounds page

theyve got a whole gamehenge show, im listening to roses now, just finished hood, they sound good to e

glad to read some of you checked out their site and music page...

my point is, the Phix or Dark Star Orchestra or whoever...if they are really good (or great if you prefer) at what they do...if they make you dance and have a phatty time doin' so...if their shows are 4 hours in length like a DSO show is and you come outta there smiling and happy and filled with the tunes you love to hear...isn't that worth as much as any other show on the road?

I'm looking at the upstream website advertising shows in Vancouver...STS9=$20cnd

Robert Randolph=$20cnd

Vinyl=$18cnd

Garaj Mahal=$20cnd

DSO is a steal at the price of their tickets folks...ask anyone who's been to a show of late!!

They rock...and it's just me here peeps, but give me DSO @ $12-$20 anyday over Bob Weir & Ratdog. They are on spring tour in April...cheapest ticket is $28us and they go up to $44us have fun calculating that exchange.

yo Bouche...I talk it up constantly to the band and crew, and honestly it will happen one of these days. They had an offer from Toronto for the end of this next tour, however it's not happening this time around. Our bus driver is in T.O. tonight with The Datsuns @ Lee's Palace...I talked to him yesterday and he said the border crossing was fine! Hopefully that will make a difference to the band. We are all a little nervous about what they might possibly find if they were to search out tour bus on the way over.

When DSO do make the trip across, I want them to have the time of their lives, you dig!

I really want them to have a great turn out to their shows and hopefully they'll want to come back again and again!!

I know I talk DSO up a lot on this site...some of you may be getting a little tired of the posts...but EVERYONE on this site should get the opportunity to see/hear Dark Star Orchestra.

Check out my DSO Canadian Tour idea...

From what I understand, cover bands or especially "tribute bands" are not cheap bands to book! I remember last Spring when I was out in Golden, I was looking into booking either a Metallica, Slayer or Iron Maiden cover band to play at a friend's party, and they were all asking like $3000-$4000 plus airfare, tons of booze, hotel rooms, etc etc. I was pretty surprised!

I'd be down with seeing Phix or especially DSO at Frontier Town.

Archived