Jambands.ca

Cinci- 2/21-22/03- who's in?

shainhouse

I'm Incy for Cincy!! har har.

Good timing for this one, right at the tail end of reading week (for Trent anyways).. Mail order is next Thursday 'til Sunday eh. Well, I guess its not mail order anymore, but online order.

quote:

Originally posted by shainhouse:

Anyone have a ride?

I got dough for gas/food/drugs/hotel/sex whatever...

lemme know your plans

shainshapiro@email.com

i'll be driving...so i'll take u up on the offer. (except the sex)

but i'm gonna go to chicago too...it's closer than cincy...u in?

quote:

Originally posted by backbacon:

Don't let him fool ya, Shain, after a couple of days on the road, he'll be lookin for some hot rear action!!

hee hee.
[big Grin]

only cuz all these years i got the best on the road from you K!!! ha-ha

hey, what are u doing for these shows? get on the bus muthafucka!!!!!!!!

For anyone who is going.......

I have been to Cinci for Phish before and can offer some advice. Directly down the main road near the venue, less than 1/4 mile from the arena, is the bridge to Lexington, Kentucky. It is much cheaper to stay there since all of the outskirt hotels in Cinci are at least a $20 cab away (be wary of drunk cabbies too, we almost had a post show run in with a guardrail), state taxes are lower, you can buy beer and rollies all weekend, and the rooms are cheaper.

And because of what went down with the Who in C, the security is tight. The arena is a good sounding, old school arena (I think there is an AHL Hockey Team that plays there), and there was a great lot scene directly across the walkway from the venue. Lots of vending, but the town in that area is extremely sketchy. Arrange your post show transport ahead of time, it was impossible to get a taxi down there and we almost got mugged after walking for a cab for over an hour.

Just look at this list..... Twas four years ago yesterday:

11/14/98 The Crown - Cincinnatti, OH

Set 1: Funky Bitch, My Soul, Reba, Bouncing Around the Room, Tweezer > Moma Dance, Sparkle, Character Zero

Set 2: David Bowie, Something, Piper, Guyute, Golgi Apparatus, HYHU > Sexual Healing > HYHU, You Enjoy Myself, Julius, Hello My Baby, E: So Lonely > Tweezer Reprise

Too bad they didn't ever pull out that So Lonely again- it rocked!

Sean

Yeh, those are the ones I was thinking off too. Would be cool to actually see them two nights in a row at the same venue, that should mean a wider spread o' tunes, no?

I'll consult with my buddies and see if we can offer a ride spot or two if anyone's interested. Partly depends on if we're taking my Hyundai or my buddy's Pathfinder! [Razz]

Peace,

Mr. M.

quote:

Originally posted by Northern Wish:

11/14/98 The Crown - Cincinnatti, OH

Set 1: Funky Bitch, My Soul, Reba, Bouncing Around the Room, Tweezer > Moma Dance, Sparkle, Character Zero

Set 2: David Bowie, Something, Piper, Guyute, Golgi Apparatus, HYHU > Sexual Healing > HYHU, You Enjoy Myself, Julius, Hello My Baby, E: So Lonely > Tweezer Reprise

I was at this show! First time I ever heard Piper - it blew my head up! Great night, fun crowd, nice place!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by shainhouse:

MarcO,

what's your transportation plans looking like?

Well, I'm still working it out and will be for a while but it looks like Laurie and I are heading down with a couple of friends, a full car-load. See, we really only want to do Cincy and our pal may to do Chicago > Cincy but I'm gonna work on him to see if he'll accomodate us.

If anything falls through, I'll be sure to keep you in mind. Best not to rely on me though... Laurie and I have decided that if we don't get tix either through mail-order or TM and assuming the shows are hard-core sell-outs, we're not going to spend the next few months scrounging for overpriced tickets. I'm getting way too old for that shit [Roll Eyes] - even the thought of it just makes me tired! In that event, we'd rather just wait for the next round of tourdates and see what's possible. Phish are back man, I'm not gonna lose sleep if I don't make it to Cincy, but we're gonna at least try!!

Good luck man and don't worry, you've got plenty of time to work something out.

(btw, just a thought - if there were to be a crapload of Sanc-members heading down from the T.O. area to Cincy, does anybody know the costs of chartering a bus? I would at least consider this.)

Hey NW, i was at that show in 98 and it was phenominal!! Do you remember fishman running around the stage lifting his dress up? Hilarious. We sat in the wrong seats for the whole first set and were able to convince the people that were there first that they were our seats (shich they weren't) Funny as hell. Partied in the Parking garage that was linked to the Crown after the show and it was jumpin for a while.

Wicked light show for YEM too. CK was on that night.

quote:

Originally posted by Schwa.:

Hey NW, i was at that show in 98 and it was phenominal!! Do you remember fishman running around the stage lifting his dress up? Hilarious. We sat in the wrong seats for the whole first set and were able to convince the people that were there first that they were our seats (shich they weren't) Funny as hell. Partied in the Parking garage that was linked to the Crown after the show and it was jumpin for a while.

Wicked light show for YEM too. CK was on that night.

I teared up during Reba, seriously.

We saw the Cleveland and Cincy shows on that tour (and then saw moe. in Buffalo on the way back) and while I can't tell you exactly why, the Cincy show was tons of fun! It was a Saturday night and everybody was just happy to party!!!!!!!!!

The Cleveland show was Schwa and I's first Phsihs show. Blew my mind! Changed my life. Well... lets' jsut say I had a good time. [big Grin]

11/13/98 CSU Convocation Center - Cleveland, OH

Set 1: Chalk Dust Torture, Wolfman's Brother, Roggae, Ginseng Sullivan, It's Ice, Cars Trucks & Buses, Farmhouse, Water In The Sky, The Sloth, Run Like An Antelope

Set 2: Down with Disease > Sample in a Jar, Dirt, Birds of a Feather, Meat > Harry Hood, E: Good Times Bad Times

just booked a room here:

Newport Riverfront Travelodge

222 York St., Newport, KY 41071

0.5mile away from US Bank Arena, good rates

In case any of you wanted to get in on the same location, there are rooms left. Let's party in Cincy!!

If we don't get tickets, we just cancel!

Just go to the travelodge page and type in Newport, KY.