Jambands.ca

DSO Canadian Tour

bONES

ok...nothing is planned as of yet, but here's my idea....

way back, Bill Graham took a bunch of hippies from the Bay Area on a train trip across Canada...sound familiar to anyone?

The Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin and others...

My idea is Dark Star Orchestra recreate that trip...but this time we take our own awesome Canadian jambands with us (ie:) Nero, GTB, JSB, etc. etc.

The train reinactment might be too pricey, so how about a caravan across this great nation of ours...2, 3, 4 or more bus-mobiles from one coast to the other...

call it the O'Cannabis tour!

I think it would be a splendid way to get our American friends up here to experience our own fine bands (and Country) and have a hell of a good time doing so!

Any feedback kids?

I think it could be a big success if marketed correctly and early enough.

Dreamin' of the day it comes true...DSO & Nero, same stage, same night...wow!

here's the deal...i have had this conversation with velvet in the past as well

Jeff Laramie is the booking agent for the band, this is true...but he works for SRO productions.

Scott Larned is the band manager and keyboard player for DSO. He and Jeff sit down together or via internet and plan the tours.

Scott's really the man...if he says we're going to Canada...we're goin'!

It's true about the border fears...but i face that experience often going to tour and if I can do it repeatedly, they can do it! It's about preparation and being smart about it...they need to bring NOTHING but themselves & the gear:)

The band and crew need to hear/read an overwhelming PLEASE get your asses up here and do some shows.

I can't think of a better time to get out of the US for a bit and tour up here.

Anyway, Scott Larned is a music freak like no other. He seems to get a new cd everyday that boy! We (band & crew) go to the "bakery" or "southside" as some refer to it (the lounge if you will at the back of the tour bus) and I put a Canadian mix in the cd player...Nero (always), Grand Theft Bus (i love that stuff), BNB...and the lounge is rockin'! Everybody digs it!! [smile]

I just ordered 2 copies of the GTB cd...one is going to Scott.

What I am saying is that I'm trying to spread the music both sides of the border and look forward to them coming here, and us showing them a Canadian good time.

So let them know you'd support their trip up north.

www.darkstarorchestra.net

:go to family & email Scott or entire band

Hell ya! You can't go wrong with those picks Bones!

I think it's a killer idea. I know there are alot of us that would be willing to help in the various cities. I'll do what I can here in Ottawa and on this site along with any other folks that are willing to helping out.

How do you want to persuade them? Emails? posts? Late night phone-call harrassments?

I think the west coast produce is what we're looking for here folks!! [Wink]

That and a good time...it would be really great if people (Canadians and Americans alike) could do the entire tour, or a string of shows anyway.

Let the freak flags fly!!

how do we do it?

Email: the entire band/crew or

Scott... spl1969@aol.com

visit www.darkstarorchestra.net and post your interest in them coming north to Canada in the requests/reviews message boards.

i'm glad to read you skanks are into it and are willing to help out...thanks

you know I'll be talking it up with everybody again this tour, and reminding them just how KIND Canada and Canadians are...not to mention the produce [Razz]

c-towns,

I am only referring to the Roadies on that cross country train tour that the Dead et al took in the early 70's

Apparently, there was a good ole punchup.

Nothing against noone..............

Same with my Mighty Swell comment. Jerry wrote Might As Well, in reference to that trip

"Never had such a good time, in my life before"

Archived