Jambands.ca

Rheostatics Nov 13 - 24 :The Horseshoe

Mr. Musicface

- Saw the Rheostatics last night - second night of their 12 night run at the Horseshoe. Absolutely unbelievable!!

If you are in the area you owe it to yourself to check out one of these shows over the next week.

The stage for the shows is decorated with a slew of posters (ie: Bob Marley, Destiny's Child!)... giving the venue an intimate "jamming in the basement" feeling. The content of their performance over these shows will vary; last night songs were played from Melville to Whale Music to Night of the Shooting Stars. The band was tight and it looked like they were having a ton of fun - there is no denying the remarkable chemistry that exists between these guys.

I heard Wed night they encored w/ the Pixies' Wave of Mutilation. Highlights for me last night included Record Body Count, Dope Fiends and Boozehounds, and P.I.N.

is anyone able to tape this stuff? I wish I could be there but it's a 6 hour drive, so it would be nice to at least hear it.

I've been given SBD patches from the Rheos in the past and I know others have too. If anyone (like tungsten, wink wink, nudge nudge) is seeing one of the shows and is willing to tape/share it, i'd be ecstatic.

quote:

Originally posted by Tungsten Gruvsten:

Also, 2 special shows just got announced at the Jane Bond in Kitchener on Nov 29th/30th-this will be pretty well a private show since the place only holds 50 people....should be awesome!!

Woah, seriously? That place is tiny - great nachos thou! [Wink]

That would be amazing seeing them there, too bad I've got my wife's birthday on the 29th and the Uncle Seth show on the 30th, or I'd definitely haul out to K/W for that.

Peace,

Mr. M.