Jambands.ca

Cruise ship outbreak confinement

ersh

So here I am on the Disney Magic Cruise ship playing music. I turn on CNN and find that there's another cruise ship that was getting taken out of service because of a nasty outbreak of Norwalk virus (the runs... vomiting... nausea).

Then people on my ship start getting sick. Lots of them. Then my roomate gets sick and the rest of the band. Then I'm confined to my room for 24 hours by the doctor on board...

Then I turn on CNN and the outbreak on my ship is in the top stories.

Been a crazy week at sea and this week could be just as bad. We just embarked to the Western Caribbean and I'm sure people are gonna start getting sick again. It's thanksgiving weekend down here in the us too... so the ship is loaded with yanks....

Watch CNN headline news for more info!!!

Lovin the sea...missin the land.

jeff [Cool]

[Wookie voice-over] THATS SICK! [/Wookie voice-over]

We saw a snippet of that on CNN yesterday in between commercials of the Battle of the Bays. TB is looking good with Gruden at the helm. Hopefully, Oakland doesnt have to meet them in the Super-Bowl.

(What in the *&%^$#$, its too early for me to reply to a post, I dont know what I am talking aboot)

Hey Jeff,

It's Jesse here, big friendly's brother. I was hoping if you could drop me a email. I was wondering if your still interested in doing some session work. I have a bunch of studio time in the new year and need to record some tracks for school.

Email me at:

boogieknight420@yahoo.com

and i can give you more details.

Hope you manage to not get that wierd cruise sickness and maybe they'll let you out of your room.

peace

jesse

well...

we're sailing again and people are still getting sick. I've heard as many as 50 people already... and lots of crew as well.

They half-assed sanatized the ship on Saturday... and they took our pillows away and just gave us one pillow back today. IT's pretty crazy out here but so far I've remained healthy. THey've limited all kinds of stuff on board - we can't serve our own food anymore... they closed the crew bar... handshakes are no longer permitted with guests... all kinds of crap.

THat's all for now.

'ersh