Jambands.ca

It's my anniversary..... Thanks Phish!

Northern Wish

So these last two days are the 5th anniversary of my life going "upstream". Having started university in 1995, I found Phish through an old roommate and gradually understood what was going on well enough to ignore the Tweezer from A LIVE ONE, and decided to go see what these four guys were all about............

Cue to the I90, a freaking blizzard so bad, that we were one of the only cars travelling the highway (because it was actually CLOSED- but we pushed on). And then the rest of the weekend is pretty much secondary to:

12/05/97

Cleveland State Univ. Convocation Center

Cleveland, OH

Set 1:

Ghost, Wilson, Funky Bitch, Black-Eyed Katy, Sparkle, Runaway Jim > My Friend My Friend, Ginseng Sullivan, Limb By Limb, Character Zero

Set 2: Stash, Bouncing Around the Room, Julius, Slave to the Traffic Light, Lizards, Loving Cup, Chalk Dust Torture, E: Bold as Love

------------------------------------------------------------

12/06/97 The Palace - Auburn Hills, MI

Set 1: Golgi Apparatus, Run Like an Antelope, Train Song, Bathtub Gin > Foam, Sample in a Jar, Fee, Maze, Cavern

Set 2: Tweezer > Izabella > Twist Around > Piper > Sleeping Monkey > Tweezer Reprise, E: Rocky Top

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

The power of the jam got me by the balls, and 30 shows later I still haven't looked back.

I am listening to Tweezer> etc. from Motown right now!

Peace

Sean

The Palace Show was my first time seeing Phish as well...life hasn't been the same ever since. That Tweezer>Izabella was probably one of the most intense (musical) moments of my life and the Piper made my soul shoot up my spine, through the top of my head and into the stratosphere. Wow. That show had it all...the phunk, the rollercoaster tension and release, the psychadelic flava' (and i wasn't even trippin'), lotsa great rock and a good dose of the Phish goofiness we all have come to love. Still my favorite show. Big Thanx to Passed Out Guy for hooking me up with theses cd's a few months ago.

The palace 95, was my first show, ...seems like a great place for newbies,...after what i would later find was a song called YEM i knew my life had changed. Other notables in my mind for that show were SOAM which was just crazy, lizards where i thought how weird, all these people dancing to a song about lizards, strange design, [Wink] and while my guitar gently weeps encore.

dancingbear

12-5 to 12-7 1997 was pretty much my first time hearing/seeing Phish... What a mad blizzard to get down to Cleveland... Wow! What music!

What's kinda funny, and a complete coincidence (at least on a conscious level) I just burned and made a cover for 12-7-97 (the last night of my first Phish oddessy). I think I'll go listen now...