Jambands.ca

Al Gore on Conan

Chewie

anybody else just see this?

at the end of the interview,

conan mentions how al is hosting saturday night live with phish this weekend and he then says...you're big fans of those guys right???

al replies by saying...oh yeah...they're great. tipper and i are big fans...seen the grateful dead...

the quote may not be exact...

-

Tipper and Al do count themselves as Deadheads. Ratdog played the Vice Presidential Inaugural Ball. There's even a Gore connection to the rift between the Dead members in the last couple of years. His buddy, major fundraiser, this venture capital guy who plays in some sort of Dead cover band with David Gans types in San Fran was behind this deal to somehow digitize the vault or something. Everyone was for it except Phil (they saw it as a major groundbreaking opportunity) and in turn Hunter, he was the one who came out with the whole story after chatter on one of the Dead boards. Phil felt the band had never needed outside investment and that if anything this could jeopardize people with longstanding jobs in the organization. Phil had posted as Reddy Kilowatt, his alter ego, then Hunter tried to clarify something to the effect of there are those who would like to paper the walls of the vault with advertising...

Back when Gore was a Senator he used to helicopter in to RFK stadium for Dead shows. He also has some pretty attractive daughters, Dennis McNally told a funny story on his book tour about Gore being backstage and saying "has anybody seen my daughters..??", McNally said all that was going through his mind was..."Where the FUCK is Bobby?".

Jimmy Carter is a Peachhead. When he was governor, he invited the Allmans over to the governor's mansion, just to hang out.

Tipper Gore is music's anti-Christ and Al Gore is a hypocrite. Tipper is a anti-music lobbyist, who uses her husband's connections and power to put warning labels on cds: see Frank Zappa addressing congress in the late 80's - he took on the Gore's face-to-face. Al even said to Zappa that he was a fan of Frank's music. But in the end, he still stood by his conniving wife. Warning labels are not legal and/or illegal. Lobbyists pressure record stores and companies to put labels on albums that they find morally objectionable. The funny and sad thing is, most lobbyists never listen to the artists that they find offensive. Example: Tipper and her cronies slapped a warning label on Frank Zappa's " Jazz From Hell " album. The warning label stated: Warning. Some lyrics may be offensive to listeners under the age of 18. The irony is: THAT ALBUM IS A JAZZ INSTRUMENTAL! I just thought I'd comment on the Gore's. Conan still rules the night!!

"Tipper is a anti-music lobbyist"

actually, Tipper WAS an anti-music lobbyist...I don't think she's touched any of that stuff since the 80's.

Hey if the Gores scare you, you must be downright petrified by the rest of the politicians in the US - who make Gore look like Ghandi!!! lesser of evils as it were...Gore in 04!

Hey Hux, the Gores don't scare a good Kingston boy like myself. I just find them now, to be hypocritical when it comes down to music. Al's actually apretty likeable guy... when Tipper's not around. If Jerry were still alive, Tipper would plant a dagger in his back - it would be right next to a dagger belonging to Micky Hart.