saw this on Vince's message board

sat jun 5: SAN FRAN

sun6:reno(?)

mon7:Austin{?}

tue 8:Ely {?}

wed9:Richfeild(?)

thu 10: moab(?)

fri11: montrose(?)

sat 12&sun 13:DENVER (over to you Joe N Bob)(BIG CONCERT TO BOOST FUNDING)

mon 14:mccook(long drive no show/party)

tue 15: OMAHA

wed 16: Spencer(?)

thur 17: MINNEAPOLIS

fri 18: MILWAUKEE

sat 19: CHICAGO(BIG COINCERT TO BOOST FUNDING)

sun 20:(over to you SL) NW INDIANA

mon 21:DETROIT

tue 22: toronto(?)(either one or both of canada locations )

wed 23: ottawa(?)

thur 24:Montpelier(?)

fri 25:MANCHESTER

sat 26:BOSTON(BIG CONCERT TO BOOST FUNDING)

sun 27:NYC

mon 28:PHILADELPHIA

tue 29:charlottesville (give Vince a rest/no show)

wed 30: BOONE NC

thur 1july:Knoxville tn(?)

fri2: nashville tn(?)

sat 3: paragould ark(?)

sun 4: fort smith ar(GIVE VINCE A REST/NO CONC)

mon 5: wichita kansas(?)

tue 6: garden city(?)

wed 7/thur8/fri 9: DENVER(over to Joe N Bob)

sat 10: moab(long drive give Vince a break)

sun 11:grand canyon(long drive give Vince a rest0

mon 12:LAS VEGAS

tue 13 :LOS ANGELES/SANTA BARBARA REGION

wed 14:get back to SF

THur 15:SAN FRAN FINAL CONCERT

ya no kidding....

i met and listening to him play at alpine valley, and not only was he an excellent musician, he was an amazing person.

i was told he only talks to young girls, but he was more than willing to shoot the shit for a bit. he was probably glad i didnt' ask him stupid dead questions, especially ones about Jerry.

I just thanked him for being who he was, and congradulated him on being picked to play in the band BY JERRY GARCIA himself. i told him often people forget that, and he agreed, but said it doesn't bother him. he reminded me he's on the official induction in the Rock and Roll hall of fame, and i told him he deserved it.

he certainly did not kill Jerry. Jerry killed Jerry.

vince's keyboard(synth) sound I always found pretty boring live and was always listening for Bruce to pick it back up for me some

the newer guys playing last year with the band kick his ass

Tube's reunion, sure no problem... Pigpen, Keith, Brent fill in? no way

never been much impressed either by the story of him trying to off himself with pills in the back of the Ratdog tour bus... understand entirely why Bobby kicked him out of the band forever from there on in... if you're going to (try to) do yourself in at least have the tact to do it somewhere other than in your friend's living quarters

I'm sure he's a good guy and I know he played new wave well but I've just never heard any positive contribution to the Dead's sound from him

maybe with the extra years of practice he's better than he was last few times I saw him, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as far as that goes

vince killed my partner.....har har

sorry folks, just a bit of misplaced hostility ;)

vince did not kill jerry, obviously

Here's what i don't like about Vince:

- his keyboard tones are very cheesy - perhaps only to my ear, i loved brent's cheesy tones...so who knows?

- absolutely cannot stand his backup vocals....don't know why, just can't.

- his songs are really bad...maybe just in the context of the dead, can't say as i don't seek out his own music...

man i'm a puss sometmes...i really gotta' stick to my guns ;)

....its a long long long way from being good.... ::

I just thanked him for being who he was, and congradulated him on being picked to play in the band BY JERRY GARCIA himself. i told him often people forget that, and he agreed, but said it doesn't bother him. he reminded me he's on the official induction in the Rock and Roll hall of fame, and i told him he deserved it.

secondtube, you are a very kind soul...these comments speak well of your fibre!

I totally agree with Jon on all his remarks. Funny weirdness and I were talking about Vince's cheesiness the other day (listening to a period show) and he said something to the effect of Vince killing Jerry too. I agree Vince could've made life seem so pathetic that you'd want to up your drug intake but anything else is a stretch. What a fucking parody of himself and the entire scene. His songs do suck, his voice, his synth tones are totally brutal, he seems to have no insight whatsoever into what a tool he is... shall I go on. I really wouldn't be surprised to find out that Vince sired half the String Cheese Incident- way too many similarities there.