Jambands.ca

Someone talk me out of it.

SaggyBalls

okay...so a move across the country in a car...over a grand

by the train? over $800

by bus - $150!!!!!!!!

i'm hittin the bus up with lotsa drugs. if anyone wants to drop a line for a super find let me know.

How much stuff are you taking? JetsGo can fly you from Toronto to Vancouver mid-week (I tried Wednesday, May 19 as an arbitrary day) for about $170 one-way. If you have too much stuff to fly with, you could always ship just your stuff by bus.

Aloha,

Brad

are you still here? :D

long bus ride = plenty of drugs (sleepy ones and muscle relaxants, not so much you get robbed though Rob)

have you looked at any of the ride sharing websites? I came across a few a while back though I can't find my links... also, try different newsgroups for a ride, even alt.music.canada (more likely Canadian travel ones or london or BC ones)

best yet, catch a band touring west and tell them they've got a free roadie for the trip

haha, i took the bus once! it wasn't that bad. i just slapped the headphones on and enjoyed the view. aside from being a little greasy when i got into TO (mmmm grease) i was none the worse for wear. i did it drug-free too, which is kinda funny cause i had an ounce of bc shrooms in my pocket.. hahaha! i was afraid i'd get all crazy on the bus and scare the babies. we did almost hit a moose up around wawa or something, but that's par for the course. and i met a man from hull who smoked his cigarettes with me (i bought him a new pack when we parted ways in sudbury). anyway - if you have a stash of good tunes to keep you company, it's not all that bad. bring deodorant. best of luck to you rob in whatever you decide - and remember what i told you on thursday - victoria is where it's at man!!! fuckin beautiful, nice little scene, nice people and wicked beaches at every turn... that's where i plan on putting down roots, someday.... ::

Hey Beats,

I wouldn't recommend the bus. I took it twice out to Vancouver. Once from Halifax and once from Montreal.

Some substances may help along the way, but overall it's a pretty sucky trip. 80 hours on the bus with SOME opportunites to lie down, one bathroom, no showers and lots of interesting smells. True, it only costs 150 bucks. Try Jetsgo! They fly outta Hamilton and Toronto. Check out their Sunday deals on their webpage. The deals are only offered on Sundays. http://www.jetsgo.ca I just got a flight from Vancouver to Montreal for $160 taxes included.

peace

b.

I have taken the bus, train and flew across the country and i will say i will NEVER do that cross Canada ride again.... the second time i said that as well and then got stuck in Banff and it literaly sucked the entire ride back... u never know if ur gonna get caught on a busy bus or not... and it really isnt that comfortable... for comfort factor id go with the train though it is VERY expensive as stated before... easily the most beautiful ride though... for convenience and speed id have to go with flying and shipping ur stuff greyhound express... too much fun trying something new to be had and too much time wasted sitting on a smelly bus and in bus stations... stop overs suck! Best of luck Rob ...