Jambands.ca

Santana in TO

Mr. Musicface

Just annouced this morning:

Santana LIVE at the Molson Amphitheatre, Sunday June 29th!

Tickets $85.50, $65.50, $40.50 for reserved seating, $22.50 for lawns,

plus service charges

Tickets available exclusively for Amercian Express Card holders Wednesday

April 2nd at ticketmaster and available to the public Friday April 4th at

10am.

Peace,

Mr. M.

Some of the stuff on Supernatural was good IMHO - not so much the singles, but the Matthews and Clapton tracks were excellent. I haven't really bothered with the new album.

And he did an A&E special a little while back that I watched most of, it was quite good. He's still a killer when he wants to be, nobody sounds like that.

That said, I haven't seen him live lately, and I can imagine if he's leaning really heavily on the new stuff it would be a bit of a drag.

- M.

All I can say is that a whole crew of us went down to Old Orchard Beach, Maine in Summer 97 and caught Santana/Rusted Root...it was quite amazing. Rused Root sat in with Santana

for a good few songs and a very nice jam.

Guess whoever it was that thought it was the worst concert ever got a WAY different show than we all got in 97.

Well, I was at last year's show too and while I will certainly agree that he seemed to sit back and let the band play, I thought it was an amazing show as the band were totally top notch. Maybe don't bother to go see it if all you are expecting is a 20 minute solo in the midst of Oyo Como Va (sp?) but, if you want to see a whole lot of top-notch musicians perform some excellent music then I would highly recommend checking it out.

My $0.02 on Santana...

I've seen Santana 4 or 5 times now. The first few shows I caught were really out of this world! The most recent show I caught was at Molson Amp, not last summer but the summer before. It was when Supernatural was doing really well, Macey Gray opened. This show was a bit strange and very divided. Half the time I was diggin it as were the rest of the heads. But the other half of the time we weren't quite sure what was going on. They same can be said of the other half of the crowd, the dug the 'poppy' bits but not the rest. This was a sold out show, and pretty pricey due to the recent surge of popularity. All in all I was pretty dissapointed in the show, it was quite a bit different from what I had come to expect from a Santana show. And I will mention that I did enjoy the Supernatual album for the most part.

I decided to skip last years show at the last mintue and was really glad I did after hearing so many people who really didn't enjoy it at all. The last time I saw them play with Rusted Root, they did a 30 min exodus jam all together which totally blew my mind, I guess nothing like this went on at all last year. That being said Santana doesn't have to jam with the opening act to make me happy, but it sure is a nice bonus.

To summarize, I love Santana but I think i'll wait a few years before seeing him again, ideally once the mainstream has forgotten about him again... Although that may never happen now.

blah blah blah

Well, to start, Willi, I certainly wasn't expecting a 20 minute oye como va.

I actually really dislike that song.

What i was hoping for was a percussion lead, Santana drawn, madness.

Exodus with Rusted Root, that would have been cool. But no, no RR colaberations.

Teased Soul Sacrifice...

i didn't even really like the musicians he had with him. Certainly no karl perazza (sp).

I do remember i missed Dylan to see him! Maybe that is another reason the show left a bitter taste in my mouth.

My favorite thing about the Santana show was I parked in the furthest lot from the show, right by the water, broke out the bong and the beer, and fished for carp all afternoon getting nicely glazed on the beach.

Very Nice.

Ive seen Santana the last few times he's been here. Every time I see him there seems to be less and less older material in the set. It's alot of fun, but theres something missing. 22.50 is reasonable for lawns, but theres no way I would pay 95 bucks for Santana.

Archived