Jambands.ca

Prince July 27th @ ACC - Toronto, ON

NewRider

ACC?

Come on Prince...I thought you was doing 'intimate shows'.

I was hoping for NAC in Ottawa, I guess this tour isn't the one I thought it was going to be.

Sheet...the 27th is a freakin' tuesday. He'd better come to Ottawa or I'll go crazy, then I'll go nutz, and then I'll look 4 the purple banana 'Til they put me in the truck!

I think the intimate venues must have been on the spring tour or something because all his summer dates are in arenas and amphitheatres.

here's his band on this tour: John Blackwell (drums), Greg Boyer (trombone), Candy Dulfer (saxophone), Chance Howard (trumpet), Renato Neto (piano and synthesizers), Maceo Parker (saxophone), RAD. (vocals and keyboards), and Rhonda Smith (bass).

Here's a current setlist as well:

Musicology

Let’s Go Crazy

I Would Die 4 U

When Doves Cry

1999 chord progression only

Baby I’m A Star

Shhh!

D.M.S.R.

I Feel For You

Controversy

God

Instrumental

Little Red Corvette

Adore

Bad Breath

On The Couch

Country Riffs

Delirious

Sometimes It Snows In April

I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man

Sign Of The Times

The Question Of U

The One

Fallin’

The Question Of U Guitar Solo

Let’s Work

U Got The Look

Life O The Party

Soul Man

Kiss

Take Me With U

Encore:

Purple Rain

I saw Prince in 1999 (coincidently) perform with Sheryl Crow at the Lilith Fair at the Molson Amphitheatre. They performed Crow's "Everyday Is A Winding Road". The song that year ended up on the Prince record 'RAVE un2 the JOY fantastic'. I guess "the Artist" was already living in Toronto at that time. I did not see Prince for some unknown reason a couple of years ago when he played theatres through out Canada, not this time though. I'll be so looking forward to this gig.

This sucks, I am visiting idiots that week.

DaveO and Northernwish, you BEST be taking good care of me. I could be with these putzes, seeing Prince.

Suck my ass Kung. If Bouche somehow can get you (or you, him) to that after-party, I am going to be uber-pissed.

I just ordered 2 tix as an NPGMusic club member.

Apparantly they should fall within the first 10 rows of the venue ::, but I won't know exact seating until I pick them up at Will Call :(

But hey, I also got to dodge the Ticketbastard charges, whicch probably would have amounted to the cost of membership.

Thanks to all of the scalpers that make procedures like this suck for people who just want to know where they're sitting.

Obviously, knowing your super reserved seats ahead of time would allow for ebay solicitations.

I haven't seen prince since 1988. This should be fun!