Jambands.ca

F$#@king Bluesfest!!!!

Freeker

Christ people, the Allman's weren't even that good last year and you're complaining that we didn't get any more over-inflated Jam-sham acts this year? And speaking of paying too much for shite...Kool and the Gang? Fucking Dan Akroyd? Fucking Great Big Sea?

Just glancing at the lineup it looks like there's plenty to see over the 10 days or so. And again the gems are on the side stages. I'm pretty excited about it

A few notables: the Black Keys, Buck 65, Jim Bryson, Jaga Jazzist, King Sunshine, T-Model Ford

(My only regret is no Andre Williams or Zen Guerilla this year)

My favourite of all was 1997:

This is the list of performers on the back of the t-shirt I have from that year.

Little Feat

Luther Allison (if not his last it was one of his last ever Canadian shows) R.I.P Luther

Dr.John

James Cotton

Roomful of Blues

Montreal Jubilation Gospel Choir

Little Georgi & the Shuffling Hungarians

Lucky Peterson

Junior Wells

Suzie Vinnick

Deborah Coleman

Jumpin' Johnny Sansone

Long John Hunter

Tony D

Guitar Shorty

Rocket Rached & The Fat City 8

Anson Funderburgh & The Rockets feat: Sam Myers

Sherman Robertson

plus many more.

Not complaining because I see a great line up of folks playing there,just Taj Mahal alone is worth the price of admission in my opinion.

But,I would love to see another "real" blues line-up,unlike the other years with Blues Traveler for example (:roll eyes:) and the like,but thats just me.

Saturday the 10th will be a bitch...

the overlap is the Hip, Taj, and Manitoba.... All acts that I like seeing when I can..... Creative crowd walking will be my mission that day...

Nice to see Jim Bryson get 2 slots this year.

AD

Doutful that I'll be going,sorta on the south side of the finances myself.

Love to make it though,but my $$ is sorta spoken for going to the federal gov't...

Not able to make to many Toronto shows or bigger shows latley unfortunatley.

Hey Esau, I too was at the 1997 Ottawa Bluesfest and I agree it was great. Back in the day when a bluesfest was a bluesfest.

Adding to the list of those who performed in Canada for the last time before their passing with Luther Allison was the great harp player Junior Wells. I was so happy to see both that year. May they rest in peace.