Jambands.ca

Mullet Feedback

MamaPink

Hey everyone! Chase and I need your help!

For this month's Mullet Updates I'd like to post some comments, suggestions, advice or testimonials from on-lookers. So if any of you have anything to pass on to Chase23 regarding his mullet growing project, I'd love to post them on my site.

Thanks in advanced!

chillchase2.jpg

(for those of you who don't know what i'm talking about, check out Chase's progress in his mullet growing adventure HERE )

I think the untold secret to a good mullet is a flow-bee. It gives you that nicely shorn edge than no barber or hair stylist ever really tries to give you (Your head isn't square, so why should your hair be?).

Other than that I think it's looking good but maybe trim an inch off everywhere except the back so you get the SIFLIB* developing.

*Short in Front, Long in back

dear chase,

when i found out about your mullet experiment, i was absolutely delighted. aside from the fact growing a test mullet is just about the coolest thing ever, i was really proud to know someone secure enough in himself to take the plunge.

when i first saw the progress pictures, i was highly impressed with the dedication displayed in this oh-so-worthy cause. with each new growth of neck wisp, my excitement grew. finally, i had the opportunity to see said mullet live, loud and upclose. all i have to say is *** WOW!!! *** it more than exceeded even my greatest expectations. aside from that fact it is a VERY impressive mullet indeed, its stylishness is second to none. the stripes shaved into the side of your head added a really badass touch, and i am very excited to see their progression to lightning bolts. your mullet is seriously hot. H-O-T-T!!!!! you are now the official second recipient of the "wow, am i crazy or am i crazy, but that is one hot freakin' mullet!" (the only other prize winner in this category is none other than the original foxxy mullet man himself, lead singer of I.M.A. Robot).

i think the mullet is a really great look for you chase, and i hope you will continue this quest for excellence right down to the middle of your back. waist length would be faint worthy. i'm also really excited to see the exciting creations you will be able to make with the mullet wisps, you can braid yourself a ratail (or four!!!) in no time.

high fives to you my friend for this fantastic voyage into mulletdom, i wish you all the best, and can't wait to see the progression into mullet excellence.

i stand humbly in the halo of your mullet.

your pal,

~becky

:D

I noticed that these would be conditions for donating hair.

How to prepare your hair

The following conditions apply to hair donations:

1- hair must be clean and dry and not swept off the floor

EASY ENOUGH

2- hair must be a minimum length (this length varies based on a specific hair donation program’s requirements – see below) THAT'S NO PROBLEM

3- hair should not be chemically treated (bleach, colour or perm) WELL THAT SUCKS BECAUSE I PLAN TO BLEACH IT AND PERM IT AT ONE POINT. THE CURLY MULLET IS LEGENDARY!

4- hair should be bundled in a ponytail at both ends or a braid NO PROBLEM.

SO I MAY HAVE SOME ISSUES. PLUS I'M NOT REALLY SURE HOW LONG THE MULLET WILL STAY. oops! Caps lock. I have a wedding to attend in Aug. I was previously thinking no mullet for the wedding. But now that I'm in love with it. I never thought I would say that but I am. I think I want to keep it now for much longer. Anyways only time will tell but donating my hair is still an option.

So forge donating the hair andsee if you can get people to sponsor every inch of hair you grow on the back. Get LMP to measure it now and we'll contribute for every inch you grow and maybe donate it to the Canadian Cancer Society?

And no one will give you flack at the wedding when you tell them it's a fundraiser.

Oh! I'm not worried about the wedding guests. It's my good friend's wedding. 50% of the guests will be close friends that already know I have a mullet. Originally I thought I would not want to be there with a mullet. But now that I have fallen in love with it. I can't part with it. At least for now.

Good idea on the donation idea. I'll look into it.

thanks again.

Good Work Chase!

You guys should check out Mulletjunky.com for insperation.

Here's a taste:

* A mullet is a hairstyle which is popularly described as "Short on top, Long in the back". See diagram below:

diagram.jpg

* Common names for the mullet include (but are not limited to) : The Ape Drape. The Tennessee Waterfall. The 10/90 (the proportion of hair in front to hair in back). The Mud Flap. 7 (shape of the #) The Long Island Ice Teased. Business on Top-Party Out Back. Achy-Breaky-Big Mistakey. Yep-Nope. (Please don't e-mull me more names for mullets)

* The term Mullet(hair context obviously) traces back to the 1967 prison film Cool Hand Luke, starring Paul Newman and George Kennedy, in which Kennedy's character refers to Southern men with long hair as "Mullet Heads."

-What is a mullethunter

* Mullestache: A molester style mustache worn by MOST mullets. (And cops)

* Mullderline: (Advanced term) That in-between stage in the development of the mullet. Here is a good example.

* Mullshit: (Advanced term)cWhen it's clearly NOT a mullet. Example: Yer hangin' out at Del Taco and and yer friend says, "Look at that mull" and it's obviously not a mullet. You can now respond, "That's Mullshit".uff

* When there is a mullet title with a "ullet" attached to the end, pronounce it "YOU LETT". For example, "Flattopullet" would be pronounced as flat top you let. (As in life, there are exceptions to the rule. Figure them out.)

* I know there are plenty of celebrity mullets. They bore me, hence they are not on the page.

Chase, I'm green with envy about your mullet journey. I'm so happy we have the chance to see the progression.

I'll I can say is keep it going man. I went with the mullet (a little earlier in life - around 13, 14 years of age) however, those were some of the best times of my life!

May I also suggest that if the mullet, at any time, isn't working for you or you're just finding it a little too risky......don't give up completely........two words;

Rat Tail