Jambands.ca

Post some incredible artwork!

PhishyK

Their website is tough to scrape for individual graphics files, but Morpheus Gallery has tons of great stuff to look at (including Geiger).

In particular, look at the work of Jacek Yerka. A few years ago, Harlan Ellison was asked to do an introduction to a book of Yerka's paintings; Ellison, who was up to his ears in writing intros, declined, but offered to write a short-short story (usually a page or less, maybe several hundred words at most) for each painting.

The offer was accepted, and the resulting book

0962344796.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

is a marvel. I saw an episode of a talk show where Ellison was a guest, and was given the original of one of the works, "Ellison Wonderland" (also the name of one of Ellison's early collections); it was the only time I've ever seen Harlan completely speechless.

Aloha,

Brad

Wow Brad...i was sure I was the only one who had that book. I love Harlan Ellison and bought the book after ordering other Giger stuff from Morpheus(they handle alot of his stuff.)

There's another Jacek Yerka book of just art called 'The Fantastic Art of...' - it's good, but doesn't have the impact of the Ellison stories coming to visual life.

Another Morpheus gem is 'Heavy Light' by De Es Schwertberger.

49A45E3BEFCFBE4488256E0F006CA0E0_Image.jpg

HOLY CRAP - 'Heavy Light' is super intense, wow. I feel like I'm falling into a giant universal ice cube!

I've been having a great time browsing thru www.markryden.com today - check this one out, it's called "Jasper Ridin'"

jasper.jpg

Keep posting guys, those are amazing images. Esau, those Giger works are awesome man. Creepy stuff!

Their website is tough to scrape for individual graphics files, but Morpheus Gallery has tons of great stuff to look at (including Geiger).

I pretty familar with that site actuallt Brad,awesome stuff on it thats for sure.I usually do alot of appreciating on this H.R Giger.com which is based out of Germany and Morpheus International which is based outta USA. (Morpheus being one of the two official Giger sites)

When we met him at a tattoo expo in Ohio (1992) he was an strange guy to talk to,sorta quiet with that German art weirdness (starnge,since he's Swiss )and rather adiment(sp?) about the spelling of his name also... ;)

I'd love to dream like he does.

spell1_40.jpg