Jambands.ca

ottowa=nice place

mikey d

i really enjoyed the city while i was there on the weekend. didnt get a chance to check out much of the nightlife, but walked around all day saturday and had a very nice introduction to a very nice city. i dont know if anyone else who was in ottowa this weekend checked out the art in the park festival, but there was some awesome art going on there. i stayed in the gleebe, which i think is quite a nice area, and after this visit i think i may send a uni. application carlton's way.

Hey mikey d, definitly send an application carletons way. I am going into my 3rd year there..came from burlington and absolutly love it in this city, except for those damn sens and there fans (especially Ollie and rubberdingy)... lol..just joking..Also carletons a great school with many great people...

Ottawa is a great place! Moved here in January ... love the city and the surrounding areas!! Not to mention some of the most fantastic people I've ever met live here!!

Just beware of Bronson St.....here's a funny story (well funny and not funny)...we experienced "Peeping Tom Bronson Style lastnight. I'll fill you in this weekend. CREEPY!!!

I'm still getting shivers....

Westboro is where I grew up.. but I'm banking on Hintoburg being the next big thing (maybe in 10 years?)

I've been able to travel all over North America and I'm happy to say that Ottawa is the place for me. Big city advantages with small town advantages as well. I love that if I drive north for like 10 minutes I'm in the middle of the bush, and how from my house I can walk to pubs, restaurants, markets and the river all within minutes.

and I'm an old Carleton student as well.

my biggest complaint, I find the live music scene to be a bit weak, but I'm loving the festivals that come through here in the summer.

and maybe it's not that the live music scene is all that weak, maybe it's just there are very few big clubs any more, and since I play in the 13 piece r&b band, we need a big stage to play on.

anyway.. my 0.02

yay for Ottawa

I believe the band in question is The Crowd.

that would be the one.. though I wouldn't mind hooking up with them jivewires guys.. great band them.

I'm just finishing up some major renos on my house (14+ months and still going) but once that's done I'm going to seriously look into forming a small 4 or 5 piece band to do funky jam stuff.. kinda new deal meets phish on the way to george clinton's house.. but that's probably not going to happen before the fall.

Those of you in the westboro/west wellington village/hintonburg area.. come on out on Thursdays for the traditional Irish seisun at Danial O'Connell's pub.. </plug>

:)