Jambands.ca

LOLLAPALOOZA cancelled!!!!!

scottieking

Alex Hodges, Executive Vice President of HOB Concerts, commented, "In real terms, it's been a tough summer. Ticket sales have been mixed and often inexplicably soft.

well you know asshead, maybe if promoters started offering tickets up through ways OTHER than tickebastard, sales may not be so "inexplicably soft". i know i personally have passed up on shows before simply because once the bastard fees are tacked onto the ticket price, it's too outrageous to justify. you know that i've paid upwards of $20+ PER TICKET in their ratass fees before? you know that i recently had to place 2 separate orders for tickets to the same show (in other words, pay 2 separate "mail to my house" charges), and THEY MAILED THE FRICKEN THINGS IN ONE ENVELOPE?!?!?!?! yeah. they're sharp enough to catch something going to the same address, but ya think they gave any credit for it?? nooooooooo.

but anyway. ticketbastard is another rant entirely. :: and i am grouchy today (apologies)

sucks that yet another festival had to be cancelled this summer. but hopefully this summer will mirror the last few, in the sense that a whole bunch of fun & exciting shows will be announced later on in the season.

word from SCI is that so far they're keeping the confirmed dates (Ottawa) and are working right now on adding more shows to their summer tour. I'm thinking we'll see a Toronto show and possibly another nearby - good news for SCI fans ::

SCI might, but Wilco was only playing 4 dates on Lolla to fill in empty nights on their own tour (which is still a small tour but supposedly more dates are being booked) ... I highly doubt the Wilco shows will be cancelled. Wouldn't be suprised about SCI though.

hahahaha, thanks pink, marcO... i'm in a better mood today. heehee.

and hahahaha newrider, that'd be funny for sure... however judging from some of the quotes in that article, mr. hodges probably couldn't even wrap his "inexplicably soft" head around that one.

mr. bouche, you raise a vaild point:

I somehow get the feeling that ticketmaster will not refund any of their 'convenience fees'.

has anyone had to do this before? i.e. if a show is cancelled, do they actually refund their anti-service charges or is it just the ticket price??? (i've only had to get a refund once -- last year's radiohead -- and don't remember what happened with that). hmmm!