Jambands.ca

Former Beatle :: PETE BEST at Casbah - July 7

whiteymuseum

'Former Beatle Drummer Invades Hamilton'!!!

Cincinnati Records Presents

Wednesday July 7th, 2004

@ Casbah

**8PM 19+**

306 King St W @ Queen St

http://www.casbah.ca

'CD & Book Release'

PETE BEST BAND

with guest Doug Feaver

Doors 8PM

19+

web: http://www.petebest.com/1988.asp

ArgentinaPBBTVOct98.jpg

The Pete Best Band line up changes from time to time, comprising of session musicians both young and older!

The Pete Best Band captures the sound of the Beatles in their formative years - the early years for many 'was' The Beatles. John Lennon summed this up well - "We were at our best when we were playing in the dance halls of Liverpool and Hamburg. The world never saw that."

Good GoD!

He's still playing Beatles tunes?

I would love to hear what it felt like to watch the Beatles climb to fame and change the world of music.

That's a must see. It's would be very much like going to the circus and seeing a legendary Carnie.

Oh Man!

The soundguy at the Townehouse in Sudbury once told me that there was another drummer in the band to do the actual drumming.....apparently pete was in a state...hahqhaha

mind you, i'd go check it out......i would agree on the must see status.

Hey whiteymuseum, I was wondering if you or anyone else for that matter, could tell me what time the Pete Best Band will be getting on, how many sets they will be doing and how long approximately will they be playing?

I ask this as I'll be seeing Eric Clapton at the ACC that night and would be willing to rush back to see the original Beatle drummer if I knew there was a chance to catch him, if even for a song or two.

I'm a little disappointed, wasn't the gig originally scheduled for Thursday July 8th and not the Wednesday?

I saw the Pete Best band when I was going to Lakehead... Not a bad show, I just remember the lead singer repeatedly screaming into the mic: "We're the Pete Best Band, we're from Liverpool!!!". Also a very sweet "Hey Jude" to encore the show. Worth checking out, I assure you.

Wanna hear something funny? Well let me tell you, Ringo Starr was born on this day in 1940. Though his he wasn't known as Ringo Starr right away, he was born Richard Starkey.

I hope I can get back from the Eric Clapton show in time to see the Pete Best Band if only for a little bit on Ringo Starr's birthday!

Apparently there were about 40 people at the Barrymore's show last night. I heard a review on CBC this morning, and turns out the Pete Best Band are touring with a bass and two guitars and no other equipment. They don't have amps or patchcords or even picks with them on the road. I guess they borrow all the stuff from whatever band opens the shows.

If I ever met Pete Best I think I'd cry. Talk about the biggest loser alive today. I don't mean what-a-jerk kinda loser, I mean the guy lost out on being one of the Beatles! How did he feel watching the newsreels of Beatlemania back in the day? And now he has to spend his nights on tour playing for a bunch of people who love the band he got kicked out of. Pete Best And The Footnotes; The Dustbin Of History Tour.

Back in the Sixties Pete Best released an album called "Best Of The Beatles". I thought that was pretty clever.

well I certainly managed to be the drunkest person at the Pete Best show ::

(apologies to Whitey Museum)

pretty good stuff, found it weird there was a second drummer but once you got through that and the other instruments I really like Best's drumming style... glad I made it over to check it out

I made a valiant effort to make it after the Eric Clapton concert which ended relatively early 10:24pm! But the line up to get out of underground parking screwed me big time.

When I ran up to the Casbah's doors Best had just gotten off.

On a funny side note, my girlfriend Rachael called me from her work a couple of days ago and said to me that she just served Pete Best, or at least she thought she did. A few regulars at the bar said it was him. She replied to them "You mean the first drummer in the Beatles?" They were so impressed, I'm so proud of her.