Jambands.ca

Ottawa Bluesfest Aftershow Party at Irene's

bouche

Yeah the Soulshine was so beautiful, but last night it was all about one thing..."If One Of Us Should Fall"...Wow, it takes a pretty hefty pair to attempt covering the Slip, and I think you guys nailed it!! Sharon I love it when you sing full out balls to the walls like that, makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up and start dancing!!

BRAVO!!!!

Hey folks, got back into TO in one piece after a fantastic weekend! 'Twas a privilege sharing the stage with some incredibly talented folks. Thanks to everyone we hung with this weekend who treated me and my wife Karen so well, and most especially Ms. Hux and Bouche for inviting us up in the first place and their amazing hospitality.

See some of you in a couple of weeks at the Ottawa free-fest deal.

:D :D :D

- M.

As much fun as I had on Friday (ISTR mentioning that Bullmoose pretty much turned my brain to prune-whip yogurt, and Freeker's right: "If One Of Us Should Fall" was the highlight of the Skanks' set, although watching/hearing Mr. Musicface duel it out with Aljee was loads of fun), I found the crowd a bit sparser than I was expecting. For a Friday night in the Glebe, I was expecting more people; it seemed that previous shows (the Dr. Huxtable / Comfort Station shows) featured packed dance floors, but there was loads of space (both on the dance floor and throughout the rest of the bar) through almost all of Friday night.

Was it the Bluesfest, or was it just the normal variation in crowd size?

Aloha,

Brad

It was a shame that Bullmoose had such a small crowd. It was a combination of people going home early and the other half of us going to see Stephen Franke at Dekcuf...HOLY sh!t, BEST SHOW I'VE SEEN AT DEKCUF IN YEARS!!!!! If you haven't seen this band yet, you really got to check them out. It was a real treat to get this private show, sorry so small Stephen, what we lack in size we make up for in rude blonde girls ;). I bought the Cd and it's all I've been listening too, I recommend picking up a copy, trust me you'll love it.

Soulshine...I love it, I love it, I love it!!! Unfortunately, I was attending to a fall myself when "If one of us should fall" was being played. oooh the irony! I was running up the stairs, fell, and dumped my beer from head to toe!! So I spent that song in the bathroom cleaning up! (thanks Velvet and Roxie for being there to share the embarrassment).

Great night guys!!!!

Hey thanks guys and gals. I had a great time singing some of my favorite songs with some of my favorite musicians on Friday. I hope we can do that again.

BradM, thanks for coming out to tape us and Bullmoose, I know there was competition that night in Ottawa so I really appreciate the fact that you were there. Any way I can get a copy of the show?

Setlist (I can't remember the exact order but it's something like this):

Pickin' Rags

Into the Mystic

I Me Mine

Stand By Your Man

Tore Up

If One of Us

Soulshine

Crazy rap jam