Jambands.ca

Ottawa Bluesfest Aftershow Party at Irene's

bouche

In an effort to keep excellent live music going at Irene's we've put together a great little show to party to this Friday, July 9th at Irene's during Bluesfest.

Bullmoose is coming to town to blow heads off with their thunderous monster slide machine groove-train chugga chugga wowfest. If you haven't seen them, now is the time. If you've got their disc through the recent contest, you must see their live show.

Opening the evening will be a solo acoustic set by Hux, and then we've got a really cool little band put together with a group of skanks.

Ms Hux - vocals

myself - guitar

Rabidmonkey - bass

Mr.Musicface - harp, accordian

Al Jee - Saxamophone

Van Whelan - drums

Rabidmonkey is dusting off the old nero bass to lay down some grooves.

Mr.Musicface is coming all the way from Toronto to entertain the crowd with his magical harp.

Al Jee is always willing to share his talents on any stage anywhere, anytime.

Van Whelan just wants to completely fill up his days with even more practice and music.

Ms.Hux and I needed an excuse to play a couple of favourite tunes.

Hopefully everyone can bring some friends out to help make friday another successful party at Irene's. It's a great bar with great people running it.

july9_bullmoose_poster.gif

I can't even tell you how excited I am for this show. I haven't been nervous before a show in quite a while but playing with this group of people and getting to do songs that I haven't done before have me completely stoked.

We've got a setlist that will knock your socks off.

Yeah, I'll get there late too...will be at Bluesfest all evening. I'm getting a weekend pass. Funfun! I think I'll check out Reckless Kelly tonight at the Birdman stage. I won their CD (and a shot glass) a while back. Guess I should listen to it today. I've listened to it once only. It's OK but I imagine they might be better live.