Jambands.ca

Coventry Simulcast

Freeker

Phish Goes to the Movies: The Sequel

After the extremely well-received theater simulcast of PHISH's June 17 concert from Coney Island, we are pleased to announce that we will be simulcasting Coventry in its entirety at select Regal, Edwards and United Artists movie theatres. The live simulcast will be broadcast in high-definition video and Dolby surround sound on both days of the event.

We are still finalizing details regarding exact theatre locations and ticket onsale information and hope to announce this early next week. Please keep in mind that the theatres will vary from those that showed the Coney Island concert. Tickets to each day's simulcast will be sold as separate events.

The Coventry site was chosen and tickets put on sale before our decision and subsequent announcement that the Vermont shows would be our last live performances. As a result, demand for tickets has far exceeded original expectations and the festival has been sold out for weeks. In an effort to make the music available to those of you without tickets, we have made arrangements for various live simulcasts. XM Satellite Radio will not only be carrying the six scheduled sets but also will air The Bunny, Coventry's own radio station, from 6 am Saturday morning until 6 am Monday morning. We will also be transmitting a High Definition video feed of all six sets to select Regal movie theatres around the country.

Coventry is receiving a great deal of attention in the media already and will receive more as the event draws near. This is our last chance to show the rest of the world what makes the Phish community so unique. We love living in Vermont and plan to do so for many years to come. The greatest gift each of you can give the four of us as we move on to the next phase of our lives would be to do your part to help leave a positive lasting impression with the people of our home state.

Thanks, Trey, Fish, Mike and Page

So stay home you ticketless fucks!!!

very cool

i like the sentiment in the appeal to Phish phans to not come to Coventry if they hold no ticket...it would be nice to have the last phish show come off well!

sh!tty that i won't be there though, after the creek i am definately primed for more.

I'm disappointed they're not going with PPV over theatre. Who wants to live in a theatre for 2 days? (not that any theatre in New Brunswick is going to carry this thing...) The XM Satellite radio option looks interesting too. Oh well, at least they're providing options to those that can't be there.

Now, see, if someone had responded to my queries about this on Tuesday, we coulda done something about it!

Actually, truth is, Phish offered us the opportunity to broadcast this in Canada. Unfortunately, the Sunday night conflicts with WWE Summerslam. And there's a contract in place. And the satellite can only broadcast one thing at a time (regardless of how much more successful this would likely be for us).

So boo-urns. I tried.

The only way that my company would consider doing this is if there was massive email campaign that would convince the higher-ups that this would be a huge success.

c-towns--not sure what other theatres there are in Calgary other than Famous Players. I'd contact the head office of any other company that's there to see if it's feasible. Small chains probably couldn't do it as they don't generally have the equipment for sattelite broadcasts.

as much as I love Phish, and as much as I think this is a wonderful idea and will allow a lot of fans who couldn't other wise make it coventry, and as much as hopefully this will ease some of the strain by giving non-ticket holders an option other than trying to crash the gig..

I think the lads should learn "For the Love of Money" for the gig.. I'd laugh so hard.. it would be great