Jambands.ca

O.A.R. at Opera House

MoMack

Anybody know what the deal is with this one?

Ticketmaster has MARTINA SORBARA listed as the opener. I thought it was supposed to be Diesel Dog???

Thats going to be a major let down for me, and the canjam scene... are there three acts maybe? It says a 9pm start...???

Anybody?

quote:

Originally posted by NewRider:

O.A.R. met this Martina Sorbara girl on tour and have forced House of Blues Concerts Canada to cancel all openers for the Canadian dates on their spring tour so that she can open. Totally unfair,
[Mad]

Well unfair for Diesel Dog for sure. However if I was a band on tour and hooked up with another cool band I'd really want to be able to bring them along for the rest of the tour. It's probably a nice break for Martina. It's kinda cool that the band has the power to make that call (as they should). Maybe next time one of our bands up here will get that kinda break.

Good point CH - in the grand scheme of things, it's nice that H.O.B. lets the bands make this call 'cus we've all seen horrible match-ups done by some promoter or record company who didn't understand the bands they were dealing with.

That said, NewRider you should bug H.O.B. to give some consideration for a future show for Diesel Dog, since you did do the leg-work of finding them and setting it up, they should owe you and them some points down the line, eh? Just a thought.

- M.

I concede that its nice to have bands pick who they play with... it makes sense and all.... but thats quite a bit different from meeting someone new and forcing promoters to cancel an act they already booked.... thats down right nasty IMHO.

Thats using power and influence in an unfair way. If they want someone to open they should tell the promoter when they book the date, or keep it in mind for the future. Not shit on people because they met this new chick.

Its like me having tickets for phish NYE and saying at X-mas to my buddy that I promised it to "hey sorry man, you can't come anymore, I met this hot chick that I"m taking"

BS

fuck em. I'm not going now...

While it does suck that we don't get to play the Opera House I've been informed that HOB will hook us up with a better gig in the future. That being said, now I can be at frontier town checking out the first Jomomma gig with the new lineup.

I guess I should also admit that I don't know the whole story, or how any of it went down. Really I was just excited to see diesel dog at the Opera House, and in these stressful times (exams, and no Almo in the lineup tonight) I get a little testy...

quote:

Originally posted by ike:

While it does suck that we don't get to play the Opera House I've been informed that HOB will hook us up with a better gig in the future.

That's cool Ike - sorry about your luck with the O.A.R. but maybe it'll work out to a better gig in the end.

quote:

That being said, now I can be at frontier town checking out the first Jomomma gig with the new lineup.

Good stuff! [big Grin] We'll see ya there bro!!!

- M.

I'm a huge D Dog fan...

but I have to say that if it was my band and I had someone I wanted to open, I would like to be able to pick the band I thought best, or wanted there just for my personal vibes sakes...

Martina is a sweet girl and an excellent performer with really good songs

(though one day O.A.R.'ll be kickin themselves for not playing with Diesel Dog when they had the opportunity) [Wink]

Archived