Jambands.ca

Ontario Parks... any suggestions?

MamaPink

of course.

gurd and packeshkeg (sp) were the best lakes. Which ever lake you can access by just driving up 69 (lake still in park, but accessable by highway) ... you go over a creek, with a lake on the right (its the best fishing, as you can't get to it by road in the park, just by portaging in the park, or driving and accessing it on the side of 69)

On the left side of this creek is a marsh. Follow the cut for a coupla km's into a lake called Nesbitt. Much better fishing...

Camp on the island on the south end of the lake.

If your feeling ambitious, go over the beaver dam, into the upper lake (more like a big pond)...we caught some Nice Pike in this area...some reaching 8 or so pounds...

I just personally love the area...so beautiful. Grundy Park is a great place to take the family, not the best for fishing...but we still caught 40 or so Small Pike.

Take a trip outside the park to its surrounding waters, and have a blast!

(i need to get out in the canoe again, its been all big boat for me so far this season)

Try a canoe trip along the French & Pickrel rivers.

My parents used to have a small cottage on the French near Ouellette,my father & I canoed both ways on the French & then back tracked (near Georgian bay) into the Pickrel to Grundy Park and back again.

Awesome area.

Steve,

Your always welcome to borrow my canoe anytime I am not using it my friend. (14 ft fibre glass but does the trick)