Jambands.ca

Ontario Parks... any suggestions?

MamaPink

Hit up a national park,only alcohol ban is during long weekends.

nicest part I know of is Bruce Peninsula National Park up near Tobermory

You mean in Tobermory right? :: (sorry buddy)

Bruce Peninsula National Park

P.O. Box 189, Tobermory, Ontario N0H 2R0

Reservations: (519) 596-2263 (8:30am-4:30pm) Park no.: 1-888-773-8888

Fax: 519-596-2298

I concur with Paisley on this one.

Also if you do head up the Bruce Peninsula your choices are amazing:

Cyprus lake

Marr Lake

The Grotto

Rock Beach

Emmett Lake

Singing Sands (completey amazing)

Bear's Rump Island

Flower Pot Island

Fathom Five National Marine Park

All of which you can basically hike to,although Singing Sands is across #6 but has some great hiking trails as well an awesome boardwalk through the wetlands.

Like c-towns mentioned also Saugeen, the Saugeen River is awesome,head out into Lake Huron at Southhampton and is great for canoeing.

All of which you can basically hike to,although Singing Sands is across #6 but has some great hiking trails as well an awesome boardwalk through the wetlands.

Correction:

You have to boat to Flower Pot island,there are a few camping sites on the island but they are not easy to come by.Bear's rump offers hiking tours but no camping.Also,excessible by boat only.

Check out the Indian Carver too,there are two locations on #6 highway,the first is on the right hand side of the road and is awesome,the best hand made products I have come across in Ontario,the second location is bigger with a camp ground where you can rent a teepee (huge one too!) and camp on site,they offer drum making workshops (all indegious materials from the area) the carver is also the number one totem craver in Canada,he's done restoration work in BC and across Canada & is usually working on something cool all the time,the gift shop is great with amazing stuff.

Check out the art gallery to in Tobermory if you head into town,theres also Craigie's fish & chips which kicks ass, as well the Crows Nest is great for a sit down meal & has cold beer.

My ex & I dropped out of the music scene & spent 3 years travelling Ontario and Canada hitting as many of the great parks we have here,her grandparents also live in Tobermory (Warner Bay road area,near the airport) so we spent the best part of 2 years there every weekend and holiday.

Have a great time,truly a beautiful part of Canada thats for sure.

You got me jonesing for my canoe trip that I'm going on nest week up in the crownland around Trout Creek...dam,I wish it was next week now.

misspink! talk to vixen, she apparently knows some awesome secret camping place in stratford.

and i'm guessing "secret" might even equal "free" ;)

hope you have an awesome time wherever you end up!

::

Free camping in Stratford? Great, but why would you want to do that? There's no lakes, no beaches, lots of bugs, lots of tourists....

Blah... I like Killbear and Bon Echo myself...

AD

Wow,thats harsh.All the years I spent there we never once had a problem,only ever hit ride programs (which is understandable).I know in 98 they even closed the OPP dispatchment due to citizens complaining that it wasw a waste of money,leaving the OPP to drive from Lionshead to patrol the area,which in the off season (oct-april) left it up to only two crusier one going each way.

We did once get haraased at Cyprus for being to loud but never once were busted for smoking herb,even when the C.O stopped by and asked us to refrain from smoking since we had a family camping around us.But,I know that the C.O's there have as much a right to bust you for it,they do however need a search warrant to go through your car since it is a National Park once you rent the site it is equal to being a home,thats why you are allowed to consume alcohol on your site but not off it.But if you ar caught smoking in the open that is probable cause for them to search and whats scary is that C.O have almost more power then the OPP when it comes to the Park and your rights.

Good advice I guess.

Bruce Peninsula National Park

P.O. Box 189, Tobermory, Ontario N0H 2R0

Reservations: (519) 596-2263 (8:30am-4:30pm) Park no.: 1-888-773-8888

Fax: 519-596-2298

Good call - might want to check out Lion's Head on the way up, really nice area - great rock climbing, trails, lots of good options to camp without being designated to a spot (if you feel like venturing)

Arrowhead is another good one.

Killbear always seems to be the most crowded of all, but i guess you going to find that at most.

Have a great weekend - nice and quiet, little battery charging before you crank it up next week - thursday, stephen franke/jimmy swift @ pepperjack - friday, fat cats @ pepperjack. see you there ::

My favourite provincial park is Grundy Lake. Now if your coming from the K/W region it's probably too far for a short weekend.

I love it there. Three small quiet lakes. Very beaufitful and peacfull.

I saw ball lightning over one of the lakes during a storm at Grundy... went across the lake and right over my car, 3 times... totally amazing