Jambands.ca

setlist 8/12/04'

jon.

true...there may be better setlists in the 90's, however, the calibre of playing and the fluidity of the jams are totally staggering now.

plus, i think trey has a way less processed sound these days and in my opinion is a bit more potenet. he may use more effects, but somehow its a truer guitar tone...

true...there may be better setlists in the 90's, however, the calibre of playing and the fluidity of the jams are totally staggering now.

plus, i think trey has a way less processed sound these days and in my opinion is a bit more potenet. he may use more effects, but somehow its a truer guitar tone...

Ahh hey bro,I love the sets they've been doing but when I listen to alot of the shows from recent(I do download them,just don't keep them)(aside from SPAC) I still am liking the sound Trey & the band had around 93-95 better,although as the end approaches it goes to say they will be given'r like sh!t,thats expected,without question, I would think.

Looks like a fine set though.

i dunno if anything is expected with this band. they pull off the best shows & the worst shows when you least expect it. i hope they throw down good shows this weekend, but let's face it, it wouldn't be the first time they let down on a big occasion if they flub.

as for their playing these days, i personally find it less consistent, and agree with esau about the early- to mid-nineties being better (and more consistent). same thing went for the GD though - they played some smokers in the nineties, but they were fewer & further between. if u ask me, i think the ABB play the most consistently good shows these days for a big-draw jamband. WSP was too, but they had a different kind of ending unfortunately.

but damn, tonight's setlist does look pretty hot.

[color:"red"]Set 1

Wilson

YEM >

Ghost >

Maze

Vocal Jam

Moma Dance

Horn

Pebbles and Marbles

Set II

Piper

Sneaking Sally >

Cavern >

Limb By Limb

Julius

Rock and Roll

Scents and Subtle Sounds*

-encore-

Lawn Boy

Frankenstein

Notes

*Trey, Mike and Page leave stage while Fishman continues drumming (with guitar loops still going).

"Personally, I am finding these summer shows to be the best and their most consistent playing since coming back from the Hiatus."

I've only listened to the 10th show, but i found the first set to be pretty sloppy. Maybe my expectations are still too high, but i figured they'd let it all out this tour...

I'm hoping last nights and tonights shows are tighter....

the PYITE on the 10th, Trey reminded me of Jerry in the later years, totally skipping major sections of the songs...i mean he didn't even play the final two solo's...

things like that i expected to be taken care of, being the final tour and all...same with the hydrogen in the mikes groove that followed in the second set...

It wasn't long ago Trey was NAILING these parts ... At Big Cypress, Trey nailed the PYITE on the second day, absolutely perfectly played. On the first night, in teh final set, trey perfectly played the Hydrogen note for note...the way it was intended to be played....

This was only a short four years ago...he claimed in his articles that they stopped practicing somewhere in 99, well, it amazes me to this day how perfect Big Cypress was played...I really hoped they'd ressurect that magic for this final tour.

We shall see.

"the PYITE on the 10th, Trey reminded me of Jerry in the later years, totally skipping major sections of the songs...i mean he didn't even play the final two solo's..."

True enough Tube. Energy-wise and introspectively jamming wise, this version of Phish is wicked. I am sure many of us see this end as *bittersweet*. I totally agree with MarcO now, and wish they could have explored their new material more, without many of the fans ripping on them for trying to do so. There are alot of songs that are behind them now (PYITE is a perfect example, I mean, how many have they done since they have come back? 2 versions perhaps?).

None the less, I wish you were coming with us. I'll be thinking of you man.

I am going to cheers MarcO with a beer, and cheers Zero with a balloon.............

*Trey, Mike and Page leave stage while Fishman continues drumming (with guitar loops still going).

Tell me I am going to hear some Funk Siren action from Trey this weekend. It felt like a tool he was too dependent on for a while, but DAMN, I miss that beast now.

fu©k, I am too awake to sleep. Looks like its going to be a looooooooooooong weekend.