Riot at Coventry Time?

secondtube

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a drag!! I, like many others, also contemplated hitting this festival, but the 16 hours of rain delays from GOTV 2001 haunt me still - for even the folks that got in, I can just imagine the sh!t they'll have to endure to hear Phish one last time (and Trey thinks they risk becoming a nostalgia band...can't he feel the love?)

Anyway, while reading the reports of folks leaving their cars on 91 and trekking the many miles into the show, I was reminded of Woodstock '69 and Arlo commenting that the I90 had been closed - is this not the actual 35th anniversary weekend of Woodstock?)

This info below comes from folks I know who are in the know and who are part of the festival production team..

"...so last night the state troopers wanted to shut the whole thing down..and instead the phish people negotiated no more cars..so then the state troopers went 10 miles from the entrance and said..ok everyone from here must leave..then people pulled their cars to the side of the roads,,abandoned their cars and started walking.. there are seas of people walking for up to 30 miles to get in...

...and the site is officially decalred a state of emergency..."

So anyone who says Phish doesn't care and are in it for the $$$ or yada yada... Well, you know...