Jambands.ca

Canadians getting shaft by Dead Mailorder

Raven_Space

Has anyone seen the new mailorder shipping prices from www.gdstore.com ? Now that The Dead have switched to do their merchandising through musictoday.com, it now apparently costs $6.99 instead of $4.00 to ship a Dicks Pick or View From The Vault DVD to Canada. I say apparently because I was charged $8.99 when I ordered my View IV on Wednesday. What the hell is that all about? I'm fucking pissed. The following is copied form their site, first price is for one item, second price is for additional items:

INT'L (DHL ONLY 2-4 Wk. Canada Included) Per Shipment Per Item

Music Only Orders (CD, Cass., DVD)* $6.99 $2.00

CDs, DVDs, Cassettes (when ordered with other non-music only products) $7.99 $3.24

Shirts, Polo Shirts $7.99 $4.44

Vinyl, Comics, Posters, Calendars, Songbooks $7.99 $4.73

Sweatshirts, Jackets, Jerseys, Heavy Shirts, Mugs, Glass Bottles $7.99 $9.63

Priority Items, Gold Records, Bicycles $7.99 $15.73

Hats $7.99 $3.24

CD/DVD/VHS combo packages $7.99 $4.75

Stickers, Patches $7.99 $0.00

I think we should get a letter of protest sent in from Canadian jam heads telling them how unfair it is to send stuff to us this way. I'd like to go back to US Postal Service rates and they said no can do. As if!

Raven

(Sally's post was by me)

Really ST?

I may have jumped the gun then, and I can see why people would be pissed if that were the case.

I think we need to get our crack investigative team on this one..............or just injest some.

Time to talk to David Lemieux. Get on that one Hux.

quote:

Originally posted by secondtube:

i believe you still add duty to that price...that is just for shipping...

Although duty should legally be paid on anything over a certain amount (plus a handling fee for the customs guy to look at it and determine what the duty is), I haven't had to pay duty on any Dick's Picks items in a long, long time (and I'm talking about when I was living in Canada, not over here). It seems to be up to the discretion of whoever is handling the mail...

I had to pay duty on the first 8 or 9 volumes, but I haven't paid on the next 7 or 8 that I own. One time, the duty was $0.12, but there was a $5 handling fee for customs to determine what the duty was. [Roll Eyes]

Archived