Jambands.ca

Benevento/Russo w/Gordon

Del

I'm just listening to their set from moe.Down (taped by Weirdness), and it's absolutely sick! I'd recommend grabbing it (it's on bt.etree.org), plus there's another set of Benevento/Russo w/Gordon from B.B. Kings in NYC (2004-06-07) available on the etree archives... I'll be listening to that immediately after I'm done with the moe.Down set... I think Kang from SCI sits in on that one... I hope they decide to tour as a trio, this sh!t is unbelivable!

If all goes well, I'll be announcing a few Duo dates for Ontario before the end of the year!!! :: :: :: ::

That would be sweet! I've been into "The Duo" for awhile as well... I just think that with Gordon in the mix, these guys are unstoppable...

Everyone that witnessed this seems to be going insane about it. I cant wait til this download is done. Thanks Pete!!!

Anyways, when I first heard Gordo joined them (the rumour was full-time, at the time), I was pissed, but that was more of an over-reaction to the fact that the Robot would no longer be playing with Fishman, Page and Trey. Now, I am ready to embrace any of the choices each former member of Phowl has to offer now, and I am fully expecting MG to blow most heads. He really has 'turned it up a notch' since Hiatus, and I welcome it all.

Bring it on!

Actually...big thanks to the Heady Gouda man for putting this one up. Apparently he did the bit torrent from his hotel room which had high speed access and all that on sunday night. I was buggin' him to put that one up first though, seeing as it was most likely the one that everyone would be after. Anyhoo, enjoy everybody!

Oh yeah, I burned that puppy up and it's now in the car for our daily work drive, to and fro.

Incredible sound! It's bringing me back to 3 days ago in the sun on the slopes. That was definately a major major highlight of the weekend. I anticipated it and was still completely suprised by their incredible zoundz.

I love the delicate entrance to Mike's Song though. The instantaneous cooperative crowd response on the recording captures that moment perfectly for me.

Funny thing about how the duo w/ Gordo blew us all away is that weirdness and I saw them open for a latenight post-panic 'rocky mountain power jam' in july of 2001 in denver.. We thought, 'who are these guys?' Didn't think it was worth taping, and was not all that impressed. Funny enough, weirdness didn't realize that he had seen the duo, until I reminded him of that night! They sure have come along way. Back then, they sounded like 2 people. Now, they sound like a full band!!